Associate Director, Lifelong Learning Wharton External Affairs
Associate Director, Lifelong Learning Wharton External Affairs
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Associate Director, Lifelong Learning - Wharton External Affairs
Job Profile Title
Alumni Officer B
Job Description Summary
Wharton External Affairs engages alumni and friends in meaningful, lifelong relationships with the School, sustaining and strengthening a culture of giving that creates positive impact among students and communities worldwide. Four External Affairs teams - Operations; Development; Alumni Relations; and Communications and Donor Relations - work collaboratively across the School and the University to secure philanthropic commitments that empower teaching and learning, research, and dynamic programs that comprise a leading global business education. Wharton celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging among its esteemed students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Reporting to the Director of Global Programs and Lifelong Learning, the Associate Director of Lifelong Learning works within Alumni Relations and is responsible for the execution of the strategy for all virtual and on campus lifelong learning programming. As an associate director, you will work collaboratively with the Lifelong Learning (LLL) team as well as other External Affairs colleagues, external constituents, faculty, and academic departments to ensure timely and effective implementation and management of virtual and on campus alumni programming, including but not limited to the following: webinars, an annual Wharton Online course for alumni, virtual Wharton Women's Circles, and full-time and Wharton Executive MBA-East reunions. In addition, you will lead the management of the Event Video Library as well as the lifelong learning brand and program information on relevant websites. This position works closely with partners across the school to effectively produce virtual content, communicate those offerings, and measure the overall online engagement of alumni.
Specific tasks and activities include:
- Developing and executing the delivery of webinars, virtual Wharton Women's Circles events, an annual online course in partnerships with Wharton online, and other virtual programming; securing and cultivating faculty, alumni, and external speakers for programs, as needed; measuring the overall online engagement of alumni; maintaining partnerships across the School for content and delivery; and working with the communication team to market and promote LLL virtual programs and steward alumni participants.
- Facilitating and supporting LLL content for in-person events on Wharton's Philadelphia campus, including MBA and Executive MBA-East Reunions.
- Managing the Event Video Library as well as all LLL brand and program information on relevant websites.
- Working collaboratively with the LLL team to manage the LLL budget and identify short and long-range alumni engagement goals for programming and initiatives; producing and interpreting reports, including website analytics and qualitative and quantitative feedback to enhance LLL program offerings, marketing, data collection, and outreach.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred and 3 to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience in online learning, project management and program development is highly desired, as well as experience in working with alumni, faculty, and communications and or marketing. The ideal candidate must display ability to understand a senior business community, advanced presentation and communication skills, knowledge of international cultures and heightened diplomacy skills; confidence and maturity to work with senior business alumni and faculty. Must be detail oriented, pragmatic, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Exceptional collaboration, leadership, and conflict resolution skills required. Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower/Associate-Director--Lifelong-Learning---Wharton-External-Affairs_JR00041788
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Dean, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing …
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Assistant Teaching Professor of Chemistry (Organi…
The University of Tampa
Dean, School of Law
Business Librarian, USF Libraries, Tampa campus
University of South Florida
Curator-FL Environmental & Natural History Collec…
University of South Florida