Senior Associate Director, Reunion and Wharton Executive MBA (WEMBA) Program Wharton External Affai
Senior Associate Director, Reunion and Wharton Executive MBA (WEMBA) Program Wharton External Affairs
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Senior Associate Director, Reunion and Wharton Executive MBA (WEMBA) Program - Wharton External Affairs
Job Profile Title
Associate Director D
Job Description Summary
Wharton External Affairs engages alumni and friends in meaningful, lifelong relationships with the School, sustaining and strengthening a culture of giving that creates positive impact among students and communities worldwide. Four External Affairs teams - Operations; Development; Alumni Relations; and Communications and Donor Relations - work collaboratively across the School and the University to secure philanthropic commitments that empower teaching and learning, research, and dynamic programs that comprise a leading global business education. Wharton celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging among its esteemed students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
The Senior Associate Director for Reunion and WEMBA Program reports to the Director of Alumni and Student Engagement and is a member of the Alumni Relations team. As the Senior Associate Director, you will deliver a strong engagement program in conjunction with key stakeholders across Wharton which strengthens the relationship between the School and the WEMBA constituency. You will also be responsible for the initiation and execution of reunion programs for the East and West Coast campuses as well as student programs such as Power Dinners and Alumni Orientation. In addition, you will manage a team of three associate directors working with Wharton alumni volunteers. The ability to work strategically with Wharton Fund Counterpart and embrace fundraising goals is essential.
Specific duties and activities are:
- Collaborate with the WEMBA East and West Coast teams and gain a greater knowledge of the culture of the WEMBA alumni constituency. Develop strategy for full time and WEMBA Reunion programming and offerings. Limited domestic travel is required. Collaboration with WEMBA alumni relations counterpart as well as the Vice Dean are critical to the success of this role.
- Manage a team of three associate directors and their efforts around volunteer management for 11 full time reunion classes.
- Partner with WEMBA Wharton Fund counterpart on engagement touchpoints including the annual Fall Reunions in Philadelphia and San Francisco, Alumni Orientation and Power Dinners. Embrace fundraising and engagement goals for team and partner with Development, Lifelong Learning, and Events teams to engage alumni.
- Identify, recruit and manage a core group of alumni volunteers for the reunion classes on the East and West Coasts. Demonstrated record for effectively working with volunteer groups. Conduct list review with WEMBA team to identify key alumni for various class years.
- Execute WEMBA Alumni Orientations and Power Dinners for the East and West Coast students annually.
- Oversight for key decisions around budget for WEMBA reunions and programs.
- Maintain accurate and up to date contact information in Atlas, the University's database.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred as well as 5-7 years of work experience. Proven ability to build and implement alumni relations/educational programs is essential to the success of this position. Volunteer management experience is critical as well as the ability to lead a team. Past experience overseeing staff is preferred. Excellent organization, communication, and relational skills are essential, along with a philosophy of teamwork and hands-on implementation. Candidate must be comfortable with and embrace fundraising. Limited domestic travel and occasional night and weekend work. A valid driver's license is preferred.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower/Senior-Associate-Director--Reunion-and-Wharton-Executive-MBA--WEMBA--Program---Wharton-External-Affairs_JR00041789-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Director of Utilities and Energy Management
University of Texas at Austin
Communications Director, Ci3
The University of Chicago
Faculty Position in Economics, Tenure-Track Level
Assistant Professor - Visual Studies, Race and Mi…
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology
Assistant Professor - Design + Community
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology