Research Assistant - Temporary
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
Posted Job Title
Research Assistant - Temporary
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
We seek an individual with a commitment to sexual health research and/or LGBTQ health research to join our team of researchers focused on the sexual health of sexual and gender minority adults, with a specific focus on transgender and gender diverse adults. The research assistant will work under the guidance of faculty, senior research personnel, and/or project/department managers. The research assistant will be expected to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary group. Preference for personnel within the transgender community, or with programmatic and/or research experience in transgender-related topics.
The research assistant will perform research tasks, including but not limited to:
- Collect, verify, and maintain accurate study information
- Assist in the screening and interviewing participants
- Send data to professional transcription service and check transcripts for accuracy
- Assist with coding of in-depth interviews related to the delivery of HIV prevention services tailored for LGBTQ+ people
- Assist with development of a qualitative codebook and other study materials
- Assist with data management (e.g., data cleaning, organization, and entry) and drafting data reports
- Assist in other research activities such as drafting study documents, conducting literature reviews, preparing presentation documents, and participating in team meetings and trainings
Qualifications & Requirements
- Detail-oriented, hardworking, and highly organized
- Feel comfortable collecting information and interacting professionally over the phone and video chat platforms (e.g., BlueJeans, Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Manage multiple ongoing tasks efficiently
- Able to use guidance from study protocols to make informed, independent decisions
- Strong oral and written communication skills and be able to interact appropriately and effectively with a diverse range of persons and communities
We particularly welcome those who have:
- People with lived experience and deep familiarity with transgender and gender diverse folks navigating access to sexual health services and/or HIV prevention/treatment services.
- Previous experience conducting qualitative research, preferably in both data collection and analysis; and proficiency using qualitative software (e.g., Dedoose, NVivo)
- Previous research experience related to sexual health and/or LGBTQ health
- Strong qualitative research experience
Additional comments: In your cover letter, please tell us about your experience and familiarity with transgender and gender diverse people who are navigating access to sexual health services and/or HIV prevention/treatment services.
Collect, verify, and maintain accurate study information
Assist in the screening and interviewing participants
Send data to professional transcription service and check transcripts for accuracy
Assist with coding of in-depth interviews related to the delivery of HIV prevention services tailored for LGBTQ+ people
Assist with development of a qualitative codebook and other study materials
Assist with data management (e.g., data cleaning, organization, and entry) and drafting data reports
Assist in other research activities such as drafting study documents, conducting literature reviews, preparing presentation documents, and participating in team meetings and trainings
Other duties as assigned
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$7.25 - $230.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/HUP/Research-Assistant---Temporary_JR00041889-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency