Temporary Registered Nurse
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
Posted Job Title
Temporary Registered Nurse
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
Temporary Registered Nurse in Student Health Services. This position will be responsible for providing clinical services to patients as well as administrative and operational support to the Nurse Manager as appropriate. The Registered Nurse must be comfortable with variable assignments including phone triage, clinical assessments and immunizations. Schedule is varied with nights and weekends during the academic year.
- Providing full spectrum primary care nursing services including but not limited to chronic and acute care, disease management, sexual health, and travel assessments. Focus on preventative care as well as other health and wellness activities. Coordination of care and services with other clinical staff within the student health service and on campus. Initiating care as appropriate. Assist clinical health care providers with routine, urgent and ongoing care and services. Administer injections, medications, immunization and allergy sera according to physician orders. Telephone triage including offering advice, guidance and supportive care. Coordinating additional care as necessary.
- Educate patients on aspects of illness and conditions to ensure understanding of care and follow up needs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Pennsylvania licensed registered nurse. Completion of nursing program from an accredited institution. Bachelor degree preferred. Three (3) to five (5) years preferred in an ambulatory care setting, family practice or other busy outpatient setting is required. Experience with young adults and in a culturally diverse population preferred. Second language proficiency preferred.
Schedule is varied and requires availability weekday evenings and weekends.
- Degree, Field of study: Nursing
- Required/preferred: Bachelor's of Science Nursing required.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Health and Wellness
$7.25 - $230.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3535-Market/Temporary-Registered-Nurse_JR00041896
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency