Assistant/Associate Professor, Environmental Health
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. We are currently seeking applications for a faculty position as Assistant/Associate Professor in Environmental Health. This position will be a joint appointment between The Water School and the Department of Health Sciences in the Marieb College of Health & Human Services. The Water School is an interdisciplinary enterprise that brings together faculty from five colleges and schools representing 15 departments to focus on the environmental, economic, and human dimensions of coastal resilience, ecosystem integrity, health and well-being, as well as restoration and remediation. The Department of Health Sciences is the largest department in the Marieb College of Health & Human Services. The successful candidate will teach in the B.S. Health Science, B.S. Public Health, and M.S. Health Science programs, as needed. We are seeking an accomplished leader who understands current trends in environmental health sciences and public health sciences, who is dedicated to making an impact through innovative research, and who values collaboration.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview. We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable, and be involved in course and/or curriculum development.
- Develop and publish research/scholarship and seek external funding.
- Participate on department, college and university committees and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Additional Job Description
- Ph.D., Dr.P.H., M.D., or M.D./Ph.D. in the area of Environmental Health Sciences, Occupational Health Sciences, and/or Public Health Sciences or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
- Experience teaching graduate or undergraduate courses in Environmental Health Sciences or closely related field at a regionally accredited university.
- Evidence of scholarly expertise related to environmental health.
- Must meet university and the Marieb College of Health & Human Services criteria for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor.
- ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2022. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- Preferred candidates are those whose teaching and research experience and interests align with the Department of Health Sciences and who can make interdisciplinary connections with The Water School.
- Demonstrated potential for extramural funding (Assistant Professor) or outstanding record of extramurally funded research (Associate Professor) in environmental health sciences.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team in community-based participatory research.
- Expertise in environmental health, water quality, climate change and health, occupational health, or public health, and experience working on environmental health issues with public health agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor graduate and undergraduate student research.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of post-secondary teaching experience as instructor of record.
- Experience in online teaching with the use of Learning Management Systems.
- Post-doctoral experience.
- Strong research agenda in the field of environmental health.
- Research experience in the study of waterborne pathogens and their impacts on human health.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to collaborate with others in related disciplines and to establish internal relationships as well external relationships with industry partners and the Southwest Florida Community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work in a highly collaborative faculty environment, and adhere to professional work standards.
- Ability to engage effectively with a diverse range of learners and to use information technology as a pedagogical and professional tool.
- Interest in collaborating within and outside the university in the development of undergraduate and graduate research programs and in the innovative and effective delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning.
- Willingness to advise student organizations, clubs, and competition teams.
- Ability to contribute effectively and collegially to a positive, dynamic, civil, and inclusive learning and working environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a 12 -month multi-year appointment basis available August 2022.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
The position is listed as “open until filled”, however applications received by October 30, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
To apply please visit: https://www.fgcu.edu/hr/jobs-at-fgcu
FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
More search results
Faculty Position in Economics, Tenure-Track Level
Assistant Professor - Visual Studies, Race and Mi…
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology
Assistant Professor - Design + Community
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology
Professor and Chair, Landscape Architecture
University of Pennsylvania
Assistant Professor of Horticultural Plant Breedi…
University of New Hampshire