LSUA Foundation President
- Job Posting Title:
LSUA Foundation President
Professional / Unclassified
LSU - Alexandria
Provide executive leadership to the LSUA Foundation(“Foundation”) and its Board of Directors (“Board”) to lead the Foundation into the future. The successful candidate will work with and support the Board and lead the Foundation team in a culture of mutual respect and teamwork while ensuring performance at the highest levels. The President will provide strategic leadership to the Foundation in a rapidly changing higher education and economic landscape. Adaptability will be a key attribute to insure successful implementation of the following key metrics:
- Fundraising − Work closely with the Board, LSUA Chancellor, LSUA Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Generals Athletic Association Board and Alexandria Museum of Art Board on fundraising strategies, and interact with high level donors and prospects. There is a high expectation for leadership and success in annual fundraising activities as well as major fundraising campaigns important to the University.
- Supervise and provide development opportunities for all Foundation staff members.
- Work with the Foundation staff and Board to provide for the continued financial stability of LSUA and the Foundation.
- Relationship building − Create strong, collaborative relationships with the Chancellor, SLT, Deans, donors and boards to increase their involvement and effectiveness in fundraising,
- Maintain collaborative, supportive relationships with the heads of other campus entities engaged in philanthropic activities.
- Represent both the University and Foundation in a broad range of internal and external constituencies and financial partners.
- Create a culture of philanthropy on the LSUA Campus, working towards the development & execution of a strong fundraising strategic plan that involves the Board and LSUA Campus Colleges, Departments, Auxiliary Unit leadership and campus employees.
- Expect performance evaluation to be based on the successful execution of the items listed above as well as agreed upon fundraising goals.
POSITION EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- Significant, progressive executive leadership experience.
- 5 years of successful fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in bringing diverse groups together to attain common goals at the organizational, community and/or state level.
- Possess mature leadership skills and experience within the advancement/fundraising enterprise, as well as a proven capacity to earn confidence and credibility among the board, University administration, colleagues, staff, volunteers, and investors.
- Excellent communications and writing skills.
- Executive experience in philanthropy, fundraising and capital campaign planning and execution.
- Have highly tuned listening skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to understand and translate needs and innovative ideas from the academic community into engaging, community-based philanthropic opportunities.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) Certification preferred.
Master’s degree or equivalent in related field from an accredited college or university;
- Critical Thinking: Practices objective rather than subjective modes of reasoning and action.
- Maintains perspective when assessing qualitative and quantitative information. Appropriately challenges and questions common beliefs.
- Timely Decision Making/Judgment: Demonstrates the ability to make judicious and effective decisions.
- Must be competent to work remotely and use technology to make presentations remotely.
- Emotional Intelligence: Identifies and manages the emotions of self and the emotions of others.
- Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on writing to motivate or cause a call to action.
- Relationship Building: Develops, maintains, and strengthens relationships with others outside of the organization.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- May be required to work extended workdays
- May be required to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
- This position requires some travel
This position has supervisory responsibilities and is responsible for staff performance management and annual performance evaluations.
Please attach a Resume, a cover letter, 3 letters of recommendation and unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Additional Job Description:
View the position profile here:
The President of the LSUA Foundation will have the primary responsibility for the overall strategic planning, organization, leadership and execution of the advancement, development and fundraising in direct support of LSU of Alexandria through the Foundation. The President is jointly supervised by the LSUA Chancellor and the Chair of the LSUA Foundation.
September 30, 2021
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):
Additional Position Information:
Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (email@example.com).
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu
More search results
Mathematics Professor - Tenured / Tenure Track (O…
New York University
Dean, Meinders School of Business
Oklahoma City University
Dean, School of Computing and Information
University of Pittsburgh School of Computing and Information
Dean of the Graduate School of Applied and Profes…
Rutgers University- New Brunswick
Tenure Track Faculty – Civil Engineering (Environ…
California State University Sacramento