Senior Internal Auditor
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Senior Internal Auditor
Job Profile Title
Internal Auditor Senior
Job Description Summary
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for planning and performing complex operational, financial and compliance audits, management advisory services, and investigations. Manages project assignments, budgets, and timelines to ensure the timely and effective completion of assigned projects. Interacts with all levels of management throughout the University and Health System.
The Office of Audit, Compliance and Privacy serves as a proactive business partner with University of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine management to upgrade business processes, controls, compliance mechanisms and technologies to:
- Anticipate and aggressively manage business risks;
- Ensure strong stewardship and management accountability at all levels;
- Ensure the integrity of operational and financial information.
Audit, Compliance, and Privacy serves the University of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine by upholding the highest professional standards; recruiting, training, and developing future managers for the institution; providing high quality, cost effective audit and management services; and communicating value-added outcomes to the Board of Trustees and senior management.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for planning and performing, and supervising the performance of complex operational, financial and compliance audits, management advisory services, and investigations. Manages project assignments, budgets, and timelines to ensure the timely and effective completion of assigned projects. Interacts with all levels of management throughout the University and Health System.
- Assumes lead role to appropriately plan audits to identify and evaluate key risks and controls to provide reasonable assurance of control effectiveness or measure compliance. Independently develops audit scopes, audit programs, tests of controls, data analyses, and strategies for the execution of audits.
- Performs and supervises the performance of audit work to obtain an understanding of the unit's operations and appropriately target risks being evaluated. Executes audit work and oversees the work of audit project staff to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the audit process and acts as the client s single point of contact for the project. Utilizes University information systems, data extraction tools, and computer assisted audit techniques.
- Adequately documents audit work (narratives, process flows, etc.) to capture procedures performed, support conclusions reached, and identify internal controls and control weaknesses.
- Comprehensively reviews staff workpapers. Independently and comprehensively identifies issues and control weaknesses. Provides assistance/ training to other team members.
- Partners with client management to develop suitable action plans to address audit issues.
- Leads project closing meetings to communicate audit results to client management. Provides effective and timely communications internal and externally. Communicates proactively with Internal Audit and client management. Consistently delivers clear and concise work papers, status updates, audit reports, and Audit and Compliance Committee materials requiring minimal edits.
- Is continuously alert to organization risks and provides input into the annual risk assessment process. Keeps current on auditing principles and techniques, higher education issues, hot or emerging topics, etc.
- Participates on process improvement work teams, system implementations, or in other advisory capacities to provide input into internal controls and process workflows.
- Independently and proactively identifies and pursues professional development opportunities that align to developmental needs, current or emerging risks, and assigned work plan projects.
- A Bachelor's Degree and 5 plus years of experience are required. Experience in public accounting or internal auditing and CPA/CIA certification preferred.
- The salary for this position is expected to be between $75,000 and $95,000.
A resume and cover MUST BE PROVIDED for consideration. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application. You may upload multiple documents in that field.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Audit Compliance and Privacy
$72,837.00 - $138,391.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/St-Leonards-Complex/Senior-Internal-Auditor_JR00041490
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Faculty Position in Economics, Tenure-Track Level
Assistant Professor - Visual Studies, Race and Mi…
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology
Assistant Professor - Design + Community
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology
Professor and Chair, Landscape Architecture
University of Pennsylvania
Assistant Professor of Horticultural Plant Breedi…
University of New Hampshire