ULAR Technician, Cagewash A/Technician Cagewash B
ULAR Technician, Cagewash A/Technician Cagewash B
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
ULAR Technician, Cagewash A/Technician Cagewash B
Job Profile Title
Technician, Cagewash B
Job Description Summary
This position involves keeping ULAR husbandry staff provided with clean animal cages, which will be used when animals housed in excessively dirty cages are moved into clean ones. Incumbent will work at one of ULAR's multiple cage washers, either on the dirty side or the clean side. On the dirty side, he/she will prepare dirty animal cages for loading into the washer. On the clean side, incumbent will unload the clean cages from the washer and prepare them for use in animal rooms (fill cages with clean bedding).
Assists caretakers with cage change-outs and any other contract-related duties as requested or assigned.
ULAR provides essential 24/7 services for the University of Pennsylvania. The Lab Animal Assistant/Tech Assistant Lab Animal position is designated as "essential" and you are expected to work when normal campus operations are suspended (e.g.: inclement weather) or if there is an emergency impacting ULAR. In addition, you may be expected to work outside of your regular schedule during peak activity periods (e.g.: overtime, weekends). To the extent possible, managers will provide timely notice of modified work schedules.
Provides daily care and maintenance of all mechanical cage wash equipment areas required for the health and cleanliness of research animals and their housing facilities in accordance with established procedures and schedules which adhere to State and Federal regulations and AAALAC guidelines. Cleans, sanitizes, maintains, and repairs all animal caging materials and cagewash facilities/equipment as required.
Cagewash A: High school diploma or equivalent; 0-1 year related experience
Cagewash B: High school diploma or equivalent is required plus either one of the following: (1) one year experience in a lab animal facility (animal careexperience); or (2) AALAS certification at the ALAT level. Plus knowledge of proper handling and restraint techniques of laboratory animals.
Both positions require: Ability to read, write and comprehend English. Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions. Ability to explain problems/issues/solutions. Must be service oriented and able to work as a team member. Able to repetitively lift 50 lbs. Ability to stand for long periods.
Must pass pre-employment physical examination before starting work. Ability to work weekends/holidays/overtime as required. May be required to pass FBI background check. Computer skills a plus
ULAR provides essential 24/7 services for the University of Pennsylvania. The ULAR Technician, Cagewash A/Technician Cagewash B position is designated as "essential" and you are expected to work when normal campus operations are suspended (e.g.: inclement weather) or if there is an emergency impacting ULAR. In addition, you may be expected to work outside of your regular schedule during peak activity periods (e.g.: overtime, weekends). To the extent possible, managers will provide timely notice of modified work schedules.
The Office of the Provost provides direction on all facets of the University's academic mission, including education, faculty, research, online learning, global initiatives, admissions, athletics, student life, and arts and culture. The Provost's Center aggregates programs and offices designed to support University operations, including: the Office of the Provost, the Office of the Vice Provost for Research and its reporting departments
(Penn Center for Innovation, Environmental Health and Radiation Safety, University Laboratory Animal Resources, and Regulatory Affairs), the Office of the Chaplain, the Graduate Student Center and Family Resource Center, the Division of Recreation and Intercollegiate Athletics, College Houses and Academic Services, New Student Orientation, the Office of Student Conduct, the Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the University of Pennsylvania Press, and all of the University's arts organizations (Penn Museum, Institute of Contemporary Art, Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, Arthur Ross Gallery, and University Art Collection). It also includes interdisciplinary academic centers and institutes that are more appropriately housed centrally than in an individual school, including the Laboratory for Research on the Structure of Matter, the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, the Center for Neuroscience and Society, the Penn Institute for Urban Research, the Center for Teaching and Learning, Kelly Writers House, and Weiss Tech House. http://provost.upenn.edu/
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$15.44 - $26.25
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Clinical-Research-Building/ULAR-Technician--Cagewash-A-Technician-Cagewash-B_JR00041571
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Mathematics Professor - Tenured / Tenure Track (O…
New York University
Dean, Meinders School of Business
Oklahoma City University
Dean, School of Computing and Information
University of Pittsburgh School of Computing and Information
Dean of the Graduate School of Applied and Profes…
Rutgers University- New Brunswick
Tenure Track Faculty – Civil Engineering (Environ…
California State University Sacramento