Client Services Associate
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Client Services Associate
Job Profile Title
Administrative Assistant A
Job Description Summary
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic (Cohen Clinic) at the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a full time Client Services Associate. The Cohen Clinic provides low to no cost, evidence-based behavioral health care to Veterans and military family members, including individual therapy for children, adolescents, and adults, as well as couple and family therapy, in an interdisciplinary setting with Case Management and Medication Management.
The Cohen Clinic Client Services Associate is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to clients in our fast paced clinic. They will be responsible for all front desk activities related to the clinic, including receiving and scheduling clients, scanning, faxing, mail distribution, sending and entering symptom measures, and maintaining and distributing transportation reimbursements for clients. Telephone support including triage of calls, reminder calls, call-backs and maintaining accurate documentation within the Medical Record System of all client contact and activities related to scheduling and client care.
The population treated at the Cohen Clinic is multicultural and diverse with respect to race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. Candidate would have the opportunity to serve underserved groups of veterans, including women veterans and LGBTQ+ veterans and family members. Accordingly, applicants with experience and/or interest in multicultural/diversity issues and working with diverse populations would be a good fit for the position. Interested staff also have the opportunity to engage in a Racial Equity Working Group that meets monthly to continue to advance racial equity within the clinic, as well as for those we serve.
The Cohen Clinic is operating in person, in accordance with Penn Medicine's rigorous safety protocols.
Standard schedule is 8am-5pm M-F with one evening until 7pm. Staff schedules are subject to change, with notice, based on clinic and client needs.
- H.S. Diploma or GED Required, with 1-2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and analytically driven individual a plus.
Knowledge of military culture and behavioral health are preferred.
- Veterans, service members and military family members are strongly encouraged to apply and are invited to note their military connection in their cover letter, if desired.
The Cohen Clinic serves a diverse community.
- Individuals who identify as BIPOC or as a part of historically under-represented groups, are strongly encouraged to apply and are invited to identify their culture, identity, or background in their cover letter, if desired.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$16.23 - $29.22
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3535-Market/Client-Services-Associate_JR00041443-2
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency