Box Office Supervisor
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
Posted Job Title
Box Office Supervisor
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
The Box Office Supervisor is a part-time position (approximately 15-30 hours per week) and is responsible for providing excellent customer service and fostering a professional atmosphere within the Box Office. The position will be required to manage the box office during show times on a rotational basis.
- Serve as Box Office manager on duty during performances on an as needed, rotational basis.
- Accurately process ticketing transactions on the telephone, or via written communications using Tessitura software.
- Model excellent customer service to work-study employees and demonstrate poise in patron interactions.
- Assist with hiring, training and scheduling of box office staff.
- Disseminate event information to the box office staff on a regular basis regarding specific show and rental events.
- Provide support to the Ticket Sales Associates and Student Managers on Box Office policies and procedures.
- Supervise Box Office and serve as manager on duty in the absence of the Box Office Manager.
- Assist in ticketing for children's performances in collaboration with Artistic and Education Manager, and in rental events in collaboration with the Business Development Manager and Front of House Manager.
- Assist with subscription renewal process, in collaboration with the Marketing Department.
- Adhering to the University and Penn Live Arts Office policies, assist with daily reconciliation of petty cash, credit card transactions and cash deposits.
- Oversee Student Managers in their unique weekly responsibilities as well as the planning process for student rental events.
- Co-lead Box Office's role in student performances, including meetings, creating performances within Tessitura, overseeing student performance deadlines, and collaborating with Front of House and Production for student performance details.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Box Office Manager.
- Training beyond High School is required; BA/BS preferred.
- 2-3 years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of sales and performing arts administration.
- Box Office sales customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Tessitura is strongly preferred.
- At least one year in a supervisory or leadership role preferred
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Excellent communication and motivational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and courteous demeanor.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Google Drive.
- Judicious conflict-resolution skills.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Annenberg Center For Performing Arts
$7.25 - $230.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Annenberg-Center/Box-Office-Supervisor_JR00041524
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency