IT Support Specialist A/B
IT Support Specialist A/B
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
IT Support Specialist A/B
Job Profile Title
Information Technology Support Specialist A
Job Description Summary
ITSS A: The College House ITSS supervises and provides technical support for CHAS Technology student staff in assigned College House tech areas. Assists CHAS Technology supervisors on special projects, including the oversight and completion of tasks related to ongoing initiatives and deployments. Develops training and documentation for the student employees in order to assure their technical competence and commitment to work goals. Develops and maintains knowledge base materials, instructional videos, and other content to support the CHAS community.
Diagnoses and resolves complex technical problems with PC and Mac computer hardware, mobile devices, and network services. Operates the College House Computing daytime helpdesk. Maintains working knowledge of Penn's supported software. Responsible for overseeing assigned administrative tasks, including email account provisioning and list management, ISC liaison for security, and other assigned tasks/committees as needed. Participates in ISC network pilot programs. Serves as an advocate in Unive¬rsity-wide discussions for residential student computing needs. ITSS B: Carries out all of the responsibilities above and is expected to independently complete tasks with minimal direction and supervision.
1. ITSS A: Oversee the CHAS Technology support program in assigned College House Tech Areas to ensure that CHAS student employees effectively respond to the service requests of House residents, particularly during peak or critical times (e.g. move-in, or finals). Supervise and provide technical guidance to student employees; meet regularly with student employees; provide direct technical support to College House residents whose service needs exceed the student employee skill level. Collaborate with other CHAS ITSS colleagues on student employee hiring. Provide rotating evening on-call support and may be assigned to work some shifts into the early evening. Alternate work schedules may be required during certain times of the year to meet the needs of the department. ITSS B: Responsible for above but independently completes under limited supervision and direction.
2. ITSS A: Communicate with ISC for the purpose of troubleshooting and resolving wireless and wired network problems for Penn student residents. Respond to and resolve (or supervise student employee resolution of) DMCA copyright or security notices from ISC Information Security. ITSS B: Responsible for above but independently completes under limited supervision and direction.
3. ITSS A: Collaborate in planning Fall training for CHAS Tech student employees; design classroom & online training materials; instruct student employees. Provide input for analysis of technical issues & training needs. Participate in planning / implementation of computing policies (and related educational efforts) in College Houses. Design and/or support tech. related programs in the houses to support the CHAS academic mission. Provide Staff Development programs for student employees. ITSS B: Responsible for above but independently completes under limited supervision and direction.
4. ITSS A: Responsible for overseeing assigned administrative tasks, e.g. email account provisioning and list management, ISC liaison for security, and other assigned tasks/committees as needed. ITSS B: Same as above.
5. ITSS A: Responsible for assisting CHAS Technology on special projects, including the oversight and completion of tasks related to ongoing initiatives and deployments. Examples include the oversight/management of software module implementations, vendor coordination, and researching/implementing solutions to identified needs/issues. ITSS B: Responsible for above but independently completes under limited supervision and direction.
6. ITSS A: Provide second level support for full-time staff in CHAS Central and the 12 House offices. Diagnose and resolve complex technical problems with computing hardware, software, and network services for computers with Windows and MAC OS operating systems, MS Office, Adobe products, and other Penn-supported software. Assist with other projects and other ad-hoc needs within the CHAS Technology department as needed. Assist with monitoring and addressing incoming support requests and ticket queues. Provide second tier support for Summer Conference College House guests. ITSS B: Responsible for above but independently completes under limited supervision and direction.
7. Participate in ISC product evaluation teams and pilot programs. Evaluate, integrate and recommend new products and technologies for CHAS staff. Ensure Penn Privacy and data compliance standards/policies and CHAS asset management policies are always followed and any issues are reported to supervisor. ITSS B: Same as above.
8. Performs additional duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree in a technical area or technical training equivalent and a minimum of 2 to 3 years of technical support experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Demonstrated knowledge and skill supporting MacOS and Windows desktop computers, printers, scanners, AV equipment and a wide variety of software applications required. Strong problem-solving abilities are required. Experience in an academic computing environment preferred. Experience with Penn's supported applications and networking a plus. Strong technical writing and excellent communication and customer service skills are required. Experience preparing documentation and performing personal training are highly desirable. Ability to coordinate and lead effectively. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple assignments of varying durations. Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and attention to fine details. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Same qualifications as above and a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of technical support experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
College Houses and Academic Services
$36,401.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Stouffer-Commons/IT-Support-Specialist-A-B_JR00041011
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Dean, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing …
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Assistant Teaching Professor of Chemistry (Organi…
The University of Tampa
Dean, School of Law
Business Librarian, USF Libraries, Tampa campus
University of South Florida
Curator-FL Environmental & Natural History Collec…
University of South Florida