Assistant Manager, OnboardPenn
Assistant Manager, OnboardPenn
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Assistant Manager, Onboard@Penn
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Perform compliance communications with stakeholders in Schools and Centers. Oversee functional operations in Onboard@Penn as a team lead. Provide compliance reports. Ensure response to onboarding and other related inquiries through Solution Center.
The University of Pennsylvania has a great opportunity for an experienced Human Resources specialist. Penn's onboarding center, Onboard@Penn, is the first stop for all new hires. It welcomes new employees with the goal of creating a streamlined experience for administrative activities related to onboarding, assisting with common “first-day” questions, and ensuring University compliance with federal regulations and policies.
The Onboard@Penn assistant manager is primarily responsible for communicating with stakeholders in Schools and Centers to promote compliance with federal regulations and University policies related to onboarding. They will use Workday reporting and Excel to complete extensive mail merges for communications with individuals, supervisors, and HR Analysts. The assistant manager will use Excel to create a variety of reports related to compliance, onboarding status, and general new hire information.
Onboard@Penn supports the Penn Employee Solution Center for onboarding question/problem resolution. The assistant manager will troubleshoot issues that arise for individuals and departments related to onboarding both in person and as they are submitted via the Solution Center. The assistant manager is responsible scheduling and troubleshooting issues with the queue management system, including managing its operations onsite as well as working with the vendor on service requests.
Build rapport and collaborate with other Schools/Centers/Departments to ensure smooth business processes. Collaborate with colleagues in the Division of Human Resources, the Workday team, Payroll/Tax, Penn Global, and other partners to resolve a variety of onboarding issues. Ensure timely response to onboarding and related inquiries submitted through the Solution Center. The assistant manager will support team operations by processing Form I-9 as necessary and maintaining a strong knowledge of federal regulations related to I-9, E-Verify, employment eligibility of foreign nationals, appropriate documentation, etc. Maintain expertise in Workday and other relevant applications.
Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience working in HR and higher education a plus. Expert Excel skills required with the ability to prepare reports, charts, and graphs required. The ability to use Excel and Outlook to manage a large volume of mail merge communications required. As a team lead, must have excellent interpersonal skills, work collaboratively with the Onboard@Penn team and engage with any aspect of operations to ensure smooth operations. Must demonstrate a strong customer-centric orientation. Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with tact and grace at all levels of the organization required. Must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills. Must understand compliance as a priority. Experience ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations desired. Experience with Form I-9, E-Verify, and work authorizations strongly preferred. Experience with Workday a plus. Must be able to work fully on campus. This is not a remote position.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Franklin-Building---6th-Floor/Assistant-Manager--Onboard-Penn_JR00040977-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Assistant Director, Annual Funds
University of Pennsylvania
Founding Dean, Joint School of Public Health
Old Dominion University
Director of Public Engagement and Research
Director of Public Engagement and Research
Salesforce Administrator (remote)
The University of Pittsburgh
Associate Director C
University of Pennsylvania