Ticket Operations Assistant
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
Posted Job Title
Ticket Operations Assistant
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
The University of Pennsylvania Athletics Ticket Office is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual looking to start their career in college athletics. This is an opportunity to gain exposure to all facets of Division I athletics administration through the day-to-day operation of a comprehensive Athletics Ticket Office. A Ticket Operations Assistant's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, customer service, ticket order processing, game-day operations, printing tickets and assisting with daily reconciliation, deposits, and financial activities.
- Assist with ticket operations for home events for football, men's and women's basketball, wrestling, men's lacrosse, Penn Relays and Business Development rentals. Prepare and organize ticket distribution for both mail and Will Call ticket orders. Coordinate youth events prior to, during and/or after Penn athletic events.
- Provide customer service to Penn alumni, faculty, staff, students, donors and general fans, including maintaining voicemail and email inbox. Continuously seek and implement customer service best practices in college athletics.
- Responsible for reconciling sales drawer to account for daily sales, including credit card receipts.
- Serve as event ticket manager for men's lacrosse, women's basketball and wrestling.
- Prospect and contact potential group leaders for women's basketball, wrestling, and men's lacrosse.
- Fulfill Penn Athletics charitable donation ticket requests.
- Utilize Salesforce to accurately log all customer conversations and interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or seeking college credit to complete Bachelor's Degree
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Availability to work events on nights and weekends
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate Athletics
$7.25 - $230.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Weightman-Hall/Ticket-Operations-Assistant_JR00040539
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency