Program Coordinator, Office of the Dean, Penn Nursing
Program Coordinator, Office of the Dean, Penn Nursing
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Program Coordinator, Office of the Dean, Penn Nursing
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
This position provides a high level of administrative support to the Office of the Dean requiring sound judgement and initiative. Under the direction of the Director, manages multiple projects and competing priorities with extensive follow-up;, key leadership meetings, budgetary processing and tracking, complex search initiative support for the Dean's leadership team, consultant and visitor plans, faculty award nomination processes and special project follow-up. In collaboration with the Dean's Office Team and Associate Director of Marketing and Communications, assists with extensive communications and presentation support for the Dean; develops and designs complex Power Point presentations including researching information and statistics, drafting content and producing highly complex and intensive presentations; drafts and edits daily correspondence. Serves as secondary support for the Dean's Executive Assistant during extended absences and on a daily basis when needed necessitating understanding of day-to-day activities and priorities. Manages the front desk of the Dean's Office - triages calls and visitors' needs and provides a high level of customer service.
Administrative Operations - provides a variety of administrative support to the Office of the Dean.
- Manages the front desk of the Dean's Office - schedules coverage and oversees operations providing support as necessary in the absence of the Administrative Coordinator or student help.
- Handles budget processing and tracking for the Office and the Dean. Includes gathering and justifying expenses, processing through Concur and external groups, assuring accurate receipt of reimbursements, reconciliation of expenses in relation to the Dean's corporate credit card and her personal checking account.
- Supports activities in the School's relationship with nursing organizations. ensures the School's and the Dean's memberships are up-to-date; processes sponsorships.
- Provides support at key leadership meetings as needed.
- Hires, orients, and supervises the work and scheduling of work studies/student workers.
Committee and Project Support - Works in close in collaboration with the Director to manage multiple projects and competing priorities with extensive follow-up. Helps facilitate the faculty award processes and assist with special project activities. Supports complex search initiatives for the
Dean's leadership team.
- Coordinates special projects, activities and requests creating an organized process, ensuring deadlines are met, and executing tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of faculty award nominations. Coordinates the process and supports the committee in gathering information. Helps schedule and facilitates meetings. Prepares comprehensive letters of nomination and complex packets.
- Provides support for the search initiatives for the Dean's leadership team in collaboration with the Director including ensuring follow up is completed by committee members and prospecting of candidates. Coordinates complex orientation schedule once appointments are made.
Dean's Communications and Presentation Support - in collaboration with others, coordinates and produces communications for the Dean.
- Prepares the Dean's daily correspondence utilizing the Dean's “voice.”
- Coordinates extensive communications for the office working in collaboration with the Director, Dean's Executive Assistant and Associate Director of Marketing and Communications
- Works closely with the Dean and Associate Director of Marketing and Communications in the preparation and design of an extensive number of complex Power Point presentations including researching information and statistics, developing and drafting content as appropriate. Utilizes sound judgment to design presentations with the appropriate look and feel for both internal and external audiences.
- Prepares letters of support/nomination on behalf of the Dean.
- Conducts web and library searches as needed.
- Serves as the primary support for the Dean's webpage. Collaborates with the Director to insure the Dean's webpage is maintained and timely.
- Assists the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications with writing projects
- Provides support with editing content, creating and maintaining bibliographies and CV's, and preparing citations.
Dean's support - in collaboration with the team, provides administrative support for the Dean utilizing sound judgment; includes extensive calendar management, meeting preparation and travel plans in the absence of the Dean's Executive Assistant.
- Serves as secondary support for the Dean's Executive Assistant during extended absences and daily when needed necessitating understanding of day-to-day activities and priorities. Assists the Dean's Executive Assistant as needed.
- Supports the front desk.
- Coordinates and maintains the Dean's calendar using MS Outlook; resolves conflicting demands on her time using sound judgment; maintains an
- understanding of the Dean's priorities.
- Coordinates and tracks materials for meetings; assists the Dean in keeping to her highly demanding schedule.
- In collaboration with the Dean's Executive Assistant insure that the Dean's CV is up-to-date
- Develops and maintains filing systems and tickler systems to ensure timely follow-up.
- May coordinate travel activities on behalf of the Dean.
- Coordinates Dean's special events when needed. Consults with other departments in the successful coordination of events on behalf of the Dean.
- Orders flowers, cards, gifts on behalf of the Dean/School.
Other related duties
Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Nursing
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Claire-M-Fagin-Hall/Program-Coordinator--Office-of-the-Dean--Penn-Nursing_JR00040402-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency