- Yale University
- New Haven, CT
Manager, Desktop Support - 68296BR
Yale University, conveniently located between Boston and New York, offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Located in the heart of historic downtown New Haven with more than 100 local boutiques, national retailers, cafés, casual eateries, award-winning restaurants, andworld-renowned theaters, galleries, and museums.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Director for Faculty and Staff Support, the Manager for Desktop Support Providers (DSPs) will oversee and manage one of three large and geographically dispersed teams of DSP staff responsible for delivering expert, efficient and cordial computing support to Yale's faculty, staff and students. This role is a conduit between the broader university community and central Information Technology ensuring client computing requirements are met while also meeting appropriate security standards and leveraging existing sustainable enterprise solutions.
In addition, the role is a key escalation point working to facilitate prompt and technically competent solutions to client issues delivered by direct staff and/or other ITS teams. Key success indicators include prompt efficient resolution of incidents, executing requests per client requirements, identification of problems within the environment, escalating appropriately, actively communicating with key client contacts and ITS Teams, adherence to minimum security standards, and most importantly maintaining the very highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Provide day-to-day operational and technical management of a direct support team. Oversee scheduling, prioritization and timely completion of Incidents, Requests and small to mid-sized projects. Monitor unit's performance to budget. Ensure team is inclusive and respectful of all staff in addition to championing diversity at all levels. Recruit, train, manage and administer a staff of Apple, Windows, Linux and Mobile OS technical professionals providing service and support to Yale faculty, staff and students. Conduct annual staff performance reviews and ongoing performance development activities to ensure all distributed support staff are technically proficient, efficient, and excel in customer service. Provide Problem management and root cause identification for a variety of hardware and software-related issues.
Coordinate and escalate support issues with other units of ITS and other university and Yale New Haven Health System computing support organizations as appropriate. Responsible for providing secure computing environment for research, clinical care and teaching, while not impeding the university's mission. Work on special projects as assigned.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field and six years of related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leader. Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor and develop staff including both technical and non-technical areas. Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, technical teams, Deans, Directors, department heads, administrators, faculty, and students. Ability to translate complex technical concepts to all constituencies ensuring the customer's voice is always clearly heard.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure a team is inclusive and respectful of all staff in addition to championing diversity at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment. Ability to motivate and mobilize a team around shared goals, while juggling multiple, competing responsibilities.
- Ability to build consensus, work collaboratively and drive performance in support of department strategic anchors and the larger university mission. Experience managing/coordinating small-to-medium scale projects.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Extensive experience managing a large team of customer service professionals, 15+ direct reports.
- Preferred Licenses or Certifications: ITIL Certification
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/68296BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in Industr…
Iowa State University
Graduate Academic Administrator
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resea…
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology