The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
Recreation Operations Assistants perform the duties that keep Pottruck Health & Fitness Center operational including managing facility reservations, re-racking equipment, disinfecting equipment, and serving as a visible resource to patrons and regularly walking through the space looking for medical issues and enforcing rules.
- Enforce all departmental and fitness room policies and procedures, including room capacities, mask wearing, and social distancing; Provide excellent customer service and maintain positive relations and rapport with members of the facility; and Represent the Department of Campus Recreation.
- Monitor facility maintenance and housekeeping needs (lights burned out, damages, areas unusually hot/cold); Disinfect equipment and touch points as directed; and Monitor entry/exit points for access control issues.
- Assist in emergency action plan as needed and perform any other duties as required by the professional staff
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Basic knowledge of computers and technology
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Ability to walk for hours at time and bend and lift up to 50 lbs
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate Athletics
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Gimbel-Gymnasium/Recreation-Assistant_JR00040410
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in Industr…
Iowa State University
Graduate Academic Administrator
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resea…
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology