Education Abroad Advisor and Faculty Led Program Coordinator
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The Center for Global Engagement is seeking candidates for Education Abroad Advisor & Faculty Led Program Coordinator role.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director for Education Abroad Operations, this position includes the following core functions: Education Abroad Advising, Affiliate Provider Manager, and Faculty Led Program Coordinator.
In the role of Education Abroad Advisor, this individual works with students, faculty, and staff to place TCNJ student in appropriate credit-bearing education abroad programs. In a given day, the Education Abroad Advisor may conduct individual study abroad advising appointments, engage in correspondence with an affiliate provider, or present at a group advising session. This individual will manage the affiliate provider programs which involves engaging with these providers to stay up to date on program offerings, ensuring the Terra Dotta application system is up to date with current information, processing student applications, preparing studnts for departure and re-entry, and evaluating programs. This individual liaisons between CGE, Student Accounts, and Records & Registration to ensure timely registration of education abroad students.
In the capacity of Faculty-Led Program Coordinator, this individual coordinates the faculty led programs, works closely with faculty on the development of new programs, and oversees the student intern(s) responsible for marketing the programs. Coordinating the faculty-led programs includes managing the contracts with faculty leaders, travel agents, TCNJ business and finance, and relevant Dean's office to ensure acquisition of appropriate group travel, payments and approvals. Finally, the coordinator works closely with the CGE staff in evaluating the prgorams and aligning them with best practices.
- Advises students about education abroad opportunities with a particular focus on affiliate provider programs through individual and group advising sessions.
- Manages the affiliate provider programs which involves engaging with these providers to stay up to date on program offerings, ensurring the Terra Dotta application system is up to date with current information, processing student applications, and evaluating programs.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Director for Education Abroad Operations & TCNJ schools, reviews prospective affiliate providers as potential additions.
- Develops and delivers pre-depature and re-entry programming for education abroad students.
- Manages the contracts with the providers and monitos the budgets for the provision of in-country services for the faculty led programs.
- Liaions between the faculty leaders, travel agents, TCNJ business and finance, and relevant Dean's office to ensure acquisiton of appropriate group travel, set-up of portals for student payment and approvals by supervisors.
- Compiles information and provides this information to Executive Director to conduct risk assessment of faculty led programs.
- Oversees the student intern(s) responsible for marketing the programs.
- Collaborate with the CGE staff in evaluating the Faculty Led programs and aligning them with best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience living, studying or working abroad.
- 1-2 years working in an education abroad or similar college/university office.
- Knowledge of the field of Education Abroad in general and faculty-led programs in particular.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills that support the development of positive working relationships with students, faculty, staff, parents, and third party providers.
- Ability to work independently in managing one's own and determining appropriate work to delegate to student workers
- Master's Degree
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages
- 2-4 years working in an education abroad or similar college/university office.
- Experiencing guiding students in applying for education abroad opportunities and in providing pre-departure and re-entry programming.
- Knowledge of Terra Dota application system and other software systems for travel, business and finance, and student payments.
- Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for all non-classified positions
TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in 1855, TCNJ has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive colleges in the nation. TCNJ currently is ranked as one of the 75 "Most Competitive" schools in the nation by Barron's Profiles of American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report. TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the Princeton review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa chapter - an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the foundation for programs offered through TCNJ's seven schools - Arts & Communication; Business; Education; Humanities and Social Sciences; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by train, of New York City and Philadelphia. The College's campus is set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known for its natural beauty and has 39 major buildings, including the fourth-best college library in the nation, according to the Princeton Review.
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit a letter of interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until a viable finalist has been found. Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks.
More search results
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in Industr…
Iowa State University
Graduate Academic Administrator
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resea…
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology