To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The Dean of Students Office at The College of New Jersey invites applicants for the Assistant Director of Student Conduct position. This is a twelve-month full time position that will provide direct support to the Student Conduct & Off-Campus Services Office under the Dean of Students Unit within the Division of Student Affairs.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Student Conduct, the Assistant Director of Student Conduct is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the College’s nonacademic student conduct system. The Assistant Director will:
- Investigate allegations of misconduct by individual students, as well as student organizations on and off campus;
- Facilitate resolution of alleged violations;
- Coordinate the Community Standard Board process;
- Manage communication case outcomes, record-keeping, and sanction compliance;
- Work closely with the Director of Student Conduct and a broad range of constituencies to plan and deliver campus educational and outreach programs that promote self-responsibility and high ethical standards among students; and
- Coordinate the overall student conduct system in a manner that is ethical, consistent, fair, timely, and transparent.
- Student Conduct Administration
- Information Technology/Database System Management
- Education & Outreach
- Leadership & Partnership
- 1-3 years professional experience in student affairs/related field
- Master’s Degree
- Demonstrates experience in higher education administration, preferably student affairs; working knowledge of legal issues in higher education; ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret, and apply established law, regulations, procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Proven administrative ability, excellent organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, and strong detail orientation required.
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to crisis situations.
- Professional experience in student conduct highly preferred
Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for all non-classified positions
The state title for this position is Assistant Director 3. It is aligned with the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) bargaining unit. The starting salary for this position is range 24, step 1, $64,065.24. This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and prescription, as well as generous sick and vacation leave.
Applicants should forward their cover letter, resume and three professional references. We will accept applications through the filling of the position. After September 30, 2021 applications will only be accepted if a suitable candidate has not been identified.
Founded in 1855, TCNJ is a highly selective public institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. TCNJ emphasizes the undergraduate residential experience and offers targeted graduate programs. The College's seven schools - The Arts and Communication; Business; Humanities and Social Sciences; Education; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering - offer degrees to nearly 6,800 students. The College's distinguished faculty of 348 full-time members provides a 13 to 1 student to faculty ratio, and eighty-five percent of classes have enrollments of 30 or fewer. TCNJ's picturesque campus is located on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing, approximately five miles from New Jersey's state capital of Trenton, and 60 minutes from both Philadelphia and New York City. A 95 percent freshman to sophomore retention rate and a six-year graduation rate of 86 percent speak to the quality of the TCNJ experience.
More search results
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in Industr…
Iowa State University
Graduate Academic Administrator
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resea…
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology