To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Gitenstein Library Access Services
Reporting to the Access Services Librarian supports the scholarly needs of the library’s users by providing access to the broadest possible range of materials from outside sources and providing collection access to other institutions. Processes and fills lending requests for articles and books from other libraries in the most efficient and cost effective way. Assists in performing procedures for Interlibrary Loan Borrowing and Document Delivery Services.
During scheduled times, oversees proper workflow in the Access Services circulation area. Assumes full responsibility for the proper functioning of the Access Services desk during assigned weekend or evening hours. Charges/discharges library material, places holds and recalls, creates/updates library users records, collects and records fine/lost book/ILL payments, answers the phone, takes messages and provides directional information. Answers users' inquires pertaining to library hours and physical location of library material. Assists in supervision and training of student assistants in Access Services duties. Works evening and weekend hours.
This is a 10-month, 20 hour per week position. Works a flexible schedule when classes are in session but must work Saturday 9:30AM-4:30PM Sunday 10:30AM-3:30PM.
- During scheduled times, oversees proper workflow in the Access Services circulation area. Assumes full responsibility for the proper functioning of the Access Services desk in the absence of the Head of Circulation.
- Assists in performing procedures for lending of Interlibrary Loan materials. Receives and processes requests for materials from JerseyCat and ILLiad. Delivers articles and books owned by the library for lending library users in the most efficient and cost effective way.
- One year Library Experience
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work well with individuals with various backgrounds and communicate effectively orally and in writing and interact effectively with students, faculty, staff and the general public
- Strong computer and other related technology skills, including MS Word, Excel
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for all non-classified positions
TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in 1855, TCNJ has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive colleges in the nation. TCNJ currently is ranked as one of the 75 "Most Competitive" schools in the nation by Barron's Profiles of American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report. TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the Princeton review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa chapter - an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the foundation for programs offered through TCNJ's seven schools - Arts & Communication; Business; Education; Humanities and Social Sciences; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by train, of New York City and Philadelphia. The College's campus is set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known for its natural beauty and has 39 major buildings, including the fourth-best college library in the nation, according to the Princeton Review.
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit a letter of interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until a viable finalist has been found.
More search results
Dean, College of Professional Studies
Assistant Professor – Forensic Genomics
University of Toronto Mississauga
Dean of the College of the Arts and Media
Central Michigan University
Assistant Professor - Department of Statistics - …
University of California - Irvine
Assistant Chief Engineer
The College of New Jersey