Admissions Operations Analyst
The Admission Operations Analyst is responsible for the development of business processes and the analysis of systems and data associated with admissions application processing, review, and transfer credit. The Admission Operations Analyst works under the direction of the Associate Director Admissions Operations and Technology and collaborates with colleagues on the Undergraduate Admissions team to implement solutions that ensure compliance with University and state policy and which support functionality for end users in managing and maintaining the application/transfer credit systems and records. The analyst also assists in the execution of admissions/transfer credit processing functions, including (but not limited to) communication generation, application review, transfer rule management, quality assurance, and record maintenance.
1. Information Systems Analysis:
- Assists in the testing and maintenance of the admission/transfer credit database for new technological processes and improvements to ensure consistency in the execution of application processing, admissions review, decision notification/communication, and the evaluation of course and test credit. Evaluates business processes and provides recommendations for system enhancements. Develops and maintains thorough documentation pertaining to systems and daily procedures; may train University personnel on select functions.
- Analyzes OHIO’s student information system and records to ensure consistency in the execution of transfer credit processes. Collaborates with the Office of the University Registrar to ensure transfer credit rules and student information system coding migrates correctly to student records and degree audit systems. Works with academic constituents and OIT to ensure end-user needs for review and use of transfer credit equivalency database are met.
- Administers the day-to-day quality assurance efforts of admission and transfer credit data to ensure compliance with University and state policy. Investigates discrepancies and tests solutions across multiple operational areas of the student information system and associated databases. Interprets OHIO’s admission and transfer credit policies to support the consistent implementation of admission practices and determine applicability of credit. Individual may supervise student employees or temporary personnel and check the work of lower-level staff.
- Facilitates the duplicate record resolution process on behalf of all University admitting centers. Audits records to identify duplicate records and coordinates with the offices of Information Technology, the University Registrar, Student Financial Aid and Scholarships, and the Bursar to negotiate reconciliation of the records. Analyzes search/match configurations in the student information system and makes adjustments when necessary to prevent the creation of additional duplicate records.
2. Admission and Transfer Credit Processing Analysis:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the department’s Communication Generation process used to communicate official admission decisions to applicants. Develops and maintains letter templates by updating content and using the appropriate student information system coding in the templates to display dynamic and conditional content.
- Builds credit database with an eye towards consistency and compliance. Build and maintain complex transfer credit rules and processes used within OHIO’s student information system to record the statewide and University transfer credit articulation and equivalency agreements. Interpret course articulations by academic colleges, agreements with other regionally accredited institutions, bilateral agreements between OHIO and approved technical centers, external test credit and credit for prior life experience.
- Evaluates applications and supplemental materials for the purposes of making admission recommendations. Conducts thorough, holistic, selective review of an applicant’s candidacy. Determines necessary documentation to support an admission decision and recommends appropriate alternative pathways when admission cannot be offered. May serve on Committee Review Panel, representing and deliberating concerns about applicants’ candidacy. Monitors and analyzes historical and current recruitment and admission data and trends, and uses information in decision-making.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director for Operations and Technology, reviews and confirms admission decision recommendations using established guidelines and technology. Audit admission recommendations to ensure alignment and compliance with admission guidelines, practices, and University policy. Uses professional knowledge of established procedures, coupled with expertise in student information system coding, to ensure admission recommendations are appropriate and encoded accurately.
- Triages, evaluates, and manages complex data discrepancies related to admission status and transfer credit evaluation and determines solutions for complex issues impacting student admission and enrollment. Recommends solutions to leadership and oversees the resolution or delegates data management tasks to records managers.
3. Student Recruitment:
- Participates in and supports Undergraduate Admissions recruitment and admission functions, including on-campus events, telephone and e-mail based customer service, and application review processes.