Chief Medical Officer for Intellectual Disabilities
The University of Iowa is seeking a board-certified/board eligible physician in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Psychiatry to serve as Chief Medical Officer for Intellectual Disabilities for Glenwood Resource Center (GRC). GRC is a licensed state facility caring for 165 adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities (IDD) and complex medical needs. The position will serve as the chief physician for GRC’s residents, part of the multidisciplinary team of therapists, psychologists and Qualified Intellectual Disability Professionals (QIDPs) providing person centered health care services. The CMO will be part of the leadership team driving innovation and capacity in the state of Iowa for community integration and systems of care for people with IDD. This position will be a full faculty appointment within the appropriate academic department of University of Iowa Health Care, and will be located predominantly at GRC in Glenwood, Iowa.
GRC provides residential living supports as well as comprehensive primary medical and psychiatric care for each of its residents. The preferred CMO candidate will have a passion for serving individuals with IDD and complex needs, and a strong interest in collaborating with and expanding the capacity of the community system of care to better serve people with IDD in the community.
The CMO for Intellectual Disabilities is part of a new, exciting relationship between the state of Iowa Department of Human Services and the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics designed to make great improvements in support of people with IDD in our state and the clinicians who serve them. You will be an integral part of a groundbreaking effort for providing state of the art, high quality care for Iowans with IDD.
Additional Details of Duties:
- Perform annual physicals, provide routine/acute care, and follow-up examinations
- Diagnose and treat medical conditions
- Develop and share treatment plans that include all therapists, ancillary clinical disciplines and subspecialty consultants
- Document all diagnosis and treatment in the electronic medical record
- Communicate and collaborate with Interdisciplinary Team members
- Provide urgent and emergency care including referral to acute care hospitals while on-call care as “Medical Officer of the Day”
Additionally, the Physician will:
- Educate and provide medical guidance to physicians, advanced practitioners and nursing staff
- Support organizational mission and goals
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, laws and regulations as set forth by ICF/ID, Code of Iowa and the Department of Human Services
- Attend professional development meetings and conferences
- Maintain current licensure to practice in the State of Iowa
The academic appointment will be at the Associate or Full Professor level, either in the Clinician Educator (Clinical Track) or Tenure Track, commensurate with experience. Candidates must have an MD or equivalent degree and have completed an ACGME-accredited Residency Program. A minimum of 5 years of experience in adult medicine is required; experience working with patients with IDD and chronic medical conditions is strongly desired. Demonstrated experience promoting a diverse workforce environment, and leading interdisciplinary teams is required.
- Clinical position with protected time for administrative duties and academic endeavors.
- Access to direct consultation and collaboration with a comprehensive array of subspecialty expertise through University of Iowa Health Care
- University of Iowa Health Care is consistently ranked among the best locations in the country to train, work, and receive care by Forbes, U. S. News & World Report, and many other respected outlets.
The Glenwood Resource Center (GRC) is located in Glenwood, Iowa, in the southwest area of the state in Mills County. The beautiful, historic town square of Glenwood defines the pride of this unique community. Human Services is a major industry for the area and the GRC is a primary employer. Residents are just 15 miles south of the nation’s crossroads at I-29 and I-80 of the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. The Glenwood community has the “Best of Both Worlds” offering a friendly, small town atmosphere with quick access to a booming metropolitan area.
To apply: Please see requisition #74264 at http://jobs.uiowa.edu/jobSearch/index.php
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.
More search results
Iowa State University College of Engineering Facu…
Iowa State University
Dean, College of Education
University of Northern Iowa
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor, Civil, C…
Iowa State University
Dept of Otolaryngology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in Industr…
Iowa State University