Alumni Engagement Coordinator
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The Office of Development and Alumni Engagement resides within the Division of College Advancement. The mission of the Office of Development and Alumni Engagement is to advance the strategic goals of the college while promoting alumni engagement, programs, and events that create a positive spirit and pride in the institution. The Office of Development and Alumni Engagement aspires to foster a spirit of loyalty, philanthropy, and life-long commitment to the college from its alumni.
The Alumni Engagement Coordinator will provide support to all alumni engagement initiatives for the college. This role will support the digital planning and marketing for all alumni communications, social media, website and events. This successful candidate will develop ways to increase alumni engagement throughout the year assisting with the college's signature events such as: Homecoming and Alumni Weekend. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator will manage the TCNJ Link networking platform and collaborate with campus partners to increase alumni engagement and experiences.
* Develop and implement Social Media strategies to enhance alumni outreach. Work with young alumni, diverse populations, and Gold committee (alumni 10 years out of college). Monitor activity and metrics for social media. Attend Alumni Association Communications and Social Media committee meetings.
* Utilize Raiser's edge to pull alumni data and reports for event invitations, golf outings, newsletters and general alumni emails. Update alumni records in Raiser's Edge as needed.
* Maintain digital engagement platform (TCNJ Link) for alumni and students, including user registration confirmation, informative posts, and user recruitment.
* Assist in planning of TCNJ Signature events - Alumni Weekend and Homecoming. Work with the committee and coordinate preparations for both events. Execute email invitations to encourage attendance and participation.
* Assist with planning and executing Academic and College Department events inclusive of Legacy events, Accepted Students Day, Senior Send-Off, and provide support to the Alumni Association as needed. Handle registration for events, assist in set up of events and follow up with alumni post events.
* Oversee Senior Strong campaign to improve the transition from students to alumni - including career and lifestyle webinars, social media contests, & mentoring and networking opportunities.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University.
2-3 years experience in alumni engagement in higher education, customer service, and/or marketing.
Successful candidate must have a broad knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft, Word, Excel), social media platforms and database management, Raiser's Edge and Graduway preferred.
Excellent written and oral skills, and the ability to work efficiently in a team environment. Productive and timely while producing high-quality work.
Experienced event organization, planning, programming, and strategy skills. Ability to multi-task and supervise events. Flexible and willing to work some evening and weekend events.
Creative problem solver with strong customer-centered mindset.
Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for all non-classified positions