Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
- The Multimedia Production Associate assists with the development and execution of learning and brand content working alongside with the multimedia team in the planning and execution of film productions, production schedules and provides customer service. The Multimedia Production Associate is also responsible for equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and inventory tracking, among other production related tasks.
- Collaborates on the planning and execution of studio and location productions, storyboards, scripts, and other production relations tasks.
- Manages production calendar for studio and location productions.
- Provides customer service and support to both internal and external clients.
- Researches vendors/suppliers, casting agencies, locations, etc. Obtains costumes, props, music or other equipment or personnel for productions.
- Prepares production schedules, call-sheets, and other production related documents.
- Serves as a project coordinator, prioritizing and managing multiple projects with different workflows and deadlines simultaneously.
- Coordinates the design and production of recording sets.
- Helps with the design, maintenance, and improvement of A/V solutions for studios and location recordings.
- Maintains the Multimedia Database and Library of projects, footage, and other multimedia files.
- Researches new products, services, technologies and equipment to improve current operations.
- Plans and executes audio/visual related tasks for live events, including but not limited to preparing equipment, setting up equipment, troubleshooting hardware and software during events, and capturing multimedia content.
- Monitors inventory of required supplies and equipment. Recommends purchases of new equipment and supplies and performs routine maintenance of equipment and studios.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
- Bachelor's degree in related field and experience in related field, OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Experience with Film Equipment (cameras, audio recorders, microphones, etc.).
- $32,000 - $37,000
- Begin time: 9:00 AM
- End time: 5:30 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
How to Claim Vet Preference:
Since 1945, the Florida Legislature has made a provision to give preference in the hiring process to United States war veterans in recognition of their military, naval, or air service who meet specific conditions. The conditions are as follows:
- Veterans with a VA service-connected disability
- Spouses of veterans with permanent and total service-connected disability
- Honorably discharged veterans with wartime service.
- Unmarried widow or widower of a veteran who died as a result of a service-connected disability
- A veteran who has served in a qualifying campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized, to include the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal.
Florida International University honors this policy and will comply with Veterans' Preference guidelines when filling staff positions. Any applicant claiming Veterans' Preference will be required to attach a DD214 with each application submitted for verification.
If there are any questions concerning Veterans' Preference, please contact Recruitment by calling 305-348-2500.
For additional information on Veterans' Preference, visit http://www.floridavets.org/.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 524804
More search results
Dean, College of Professional Studies
Assistant Professor – Forensic Genomics
University of Toronto Mississauga
Dean of the College of the Arts and Media
Central Michigan University
Assistant Professor - Department of Statistics - …
University of California - Irvine
Assistant Chief Engineer
The College of New Jersey