Assistant Professor, School Counseling -Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The Department of Educational Psychology (EPS) is seeking to fill an Assistant Professor, School Counseling – Clinical Mental Health Counseling position at our Flagstaff Mountain campus beginning in January 2022. The EPS Department seeks candidates who possess innovative instructional methodology, expertise in research and supervision, and diverse experiences and professional proficiencies. Additional expectations include an active record or promise of scholarly productivity, excellent at teaching diverse students, and a commitment to procuring external funding. The position is a 9-month tenure-track faculty line that has the opportunity for summer course teaching. Candidates need to present an active record or promise of scholarly productivity. Eventual tenure with promotion to Associate and Full Professor ranks are part of this tenure-track trajectory.
- Serve as Lead Faculty in the MEd Counseling – School Counseling program in Flagstaff, Arizona – working collaboratively with EPS CACREP Program Coordinators in Phoenix and Tucson, AZ
- Teach graduate counseling classes (including practicum and internship) for the EPS programs, focusing on the CACREP accredited MEd Counseling – School Counseling and MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling programs, with a focus on School Counseling. Possible course assignments include, but are not limited to: Psychopathology and Diagnosis, Crisis, Trauma and Disaster Counseling; Counseling Processes; Group Processes; Multicultural Counseling; Marital and Family Systems; Practices of School Counseling; Child and Adolescent Counseling
- Teach in-person, with some blended or online courses to students in Flagstaff and to extended campus sites
- Maintain an active, independent, and collaborative research agenda
- Prepare and manage external grant proposals/programs
- Assist in recruiting and advising counseling students
- Direct graduate student research and serve on dissertation committees
- Fulfill service responsibilities to the department, college, university, and the profession
- Work collaboratively with schools and agencies to coordinate practicum and internship experiences for counseling students.
- Earned Doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision from an accredited CACREP program by date of hire – OR – meet CACREP criteria for Core Faculty
- College teaching experience (can include college teaching as a graduate assistant)
- Research experience (can include experience as a research assistant)
- Minimum of one year of experience in the field of School Counseling or Clinical Mental Health Counseling, with background/experience in schools or mental health agencies (can include internship, externship, post- doctoral fellowship or other related professional experiences in counseling)
- Licensed/certified or eligible for licensure/certification as a Professional Counselor in Arizona and/or willing to seek licensure/certification as a Guidance Counselor or Professional Counselor in Arizona
62,000 - 64,000
Please attach to your application:
- A cover letter highlighting your interest in and particular qualifications for this position;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Copies of transcripts (originals will be required of the successful applicant);
- Diversity statement;
- A statement of teaching philosophy;
- A statement of research interests;
- Sample syllabi and teaching evaluations from one or two college courses;
- Research/scholarly artifacts; and
- Names and contact information for three references. Reference letters should be sent under separate cover to EPS Administrative Assistant Hope DeMello at, Hope.DeMello@nau.edu Identify each attachment with your last name, first name and the vacancy number. The committee may request additional information at a later date. If you need assistance completing your application, there are instructions available on the HR website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online!
NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Family …
University of California San Diego
Multiple Positions in the Paul Merage School of B…
University of California Irvine
Faculty in Media/Digital Studies and Transnationa…
CalArts - California Institute of the Arts
Assistant or Associate Teaching Professor in Stat…
University of Washington, Department of Statistics
Assistant / Associate Professor, Education - Teac…
University of Nevada, Reno