Lead Multimedia Producer
- Florida International University
- Miami Florida
- $55,000-$64,000 per year
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Lead Multimedia Producer oversees the complete lifecycle of FIU Online video content includig conceptualizing, designing, and producing interactive media materials for FIU Online learning products. The Lead Multimedia Producer works closely with the Multimedia Manager and Content Production Manager to ensure timely delivery of video lectures, course content and video marketing projects.
- Collaborates with FIU Online teams in conceptualizing, designing, planning, and producing media materials for faculty, staff, and clients; determining format, approach, content, level, and medium which most effectively meets client needs and remains within budget.
- Leads projects from start to finish from conceptualization to the timely final delivery of assets.
- Collaborates and supports instructional designers, instructors, and other clients on the design and development of course content.
- Accurately estimates project timelines and proactively identifies and troubleshoots production concerns of delays.
- Coordinates and executes the production of audiovisual material. This includes studio and on-location recordings, aerial cinematography, photogrammetry, etc.
- Collaborates with the learning design team in the research of new pedagogy and film technologies and equipment. Develops implementation plans, standard operating procedures, and training for said technologies and equipment.
- Plans and executes audio/visual related tasks for live events, including but not limited to preparing equipment, setting up equipment, troubleshooting hardware and software during events, and capturing multimedia content.
- Oversees equipment maintenance (Hardware and Software). This includes, but is not limited to cleaning, updating software, configuring physical inventories, and more. Coordinates training for new staff on equipment usage and maintenance.
- Researches and stays current with emerging video technologies to support efficiencies in production. Continues to develop best practices for FIU Online's quality video content.
- Directs various aspects of production, including scheduling, location management, setup, and coordinating post-production services, among others.
- May supervise lower level staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and eight (8) years of experience in related field, OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. Two (2) years of experience supervising two (2) employees.
- Must submit a portfolio of past work under attachments when applying for this position to be considered.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, and Photoshop.
- Proficiency in operating film equipment (cameras, audio recorders, microphones, etc.)
- Knowledge of photogrammetry.
- Knowledge of media design and educational technology is a plus.
- 3D design or animation is a plus.
- Proficiency in After Effects.
- Skilled in still photography.
- Skilled DP, Grip, and Gaffer.
- Ability to direct subjects and interact with clients.
- Proficiency in color grading and visual effects, especially chroma-keying, with Adobe Suite.
- Knowledge of motion graphics.
- Knowledge of drone cinematography.
- $55,000 - $64,000
- Begin time: 8:00 AM
- End time: 4:30 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 524846