- NYC Mayor's Office of Operations
- New York City, NY
NYC OFFICE OF THE MAYOR
OFFICE OF OPERATIONS
POSITION TITLE: Data Solutions Advisor
JOB ID NUMBER: 466570
LOCATION: New York, NY
The Mayor’s Office of Operations works to make New York City government more effective and efficient. The Office oversees the daily operations of City agencies, coordinates City initiatives and assists agencies in improving service quality and in measuring performance to provide greater accountability.
The Performance Reporting team within Operations monitors and reports on the performance of City agencies and provides guidance to agencies on performance reporting and management. In addition to producing semi-annual Mayor’s Management Reports (MMR), the team engages agencies on targeted performance improvement projects.
Working closely with the Associate Director for Performance Management, the Technical Product Manager will be responsible for working with agencies and initiatives to articulate meaningful performance indicators as well as ensuring that these indicators are conveyed via the Dynamic Mayor’s Management Report.
- Digital Product Management – Enhancing and maintaining the dynamic web version of the Mayor’s Management Report including front end and back end
- Maintaining the structure and integrity of the Mayor’s Management Report online platform
- Utilize user research, analytics, and other metrics to make product decisions and set priorities;
- Cultivate audience through compelling and reader friendly content using the existing data
- Manage relationship with external vendors and interagency partners to sustain online platform
- Performance Reporting – Continually enhance the development and selection of key agency performance indicators, including regular data
- Help manage the City’s existing systems for evaluation and public reporting of information on the performance of City agencies in delivering services, including the twice-yearly
- Conduct, support, and coordinate research on performance indicators, agency-specific, initiative- related, and cross-agency/citywide.
- Examine, develop, and share best practices in agency-specific performance management
- Assist program and project managers in indicator
- Ensure timely and accurate distribution of critical information to senior City
- Project Management – Engage with agencies on discrete projects to improve operational performance, streamline business processes, launch new initiatives and/or enhance internal systems. Specific tasks may include:
- Manage or coordinate project tasks by internal or external
- Create project plans, governance charts, presentations, meeting agendas, status reports and other artifacts used to manage the work of a project
- Identify project risks and issues for resolution
- Interagency Coordination – Collaborating with other Operations staff working with other City agencies on performance management, project management and data analytics
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR SKILLS:
- Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college with a baccalaureate degree; or
- Graduation from an accredited community college plus two years of experience with administrative, analytic, coordinative, supervisory or liaison responsibilities; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent plus four years of experience as described in “2” above; or
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of technical educational completion and experience;
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience working with React and Node;
- Proficient in Azure DevOps or other DevOps tools and Amazon Aurora relational database system;
- An understanding of urban issues, especially New York City government and current city affairs/policies and New York City’s operating agencies;
- Experience in performance reporting, data collection or data analysis;
- Expertise in digital product management and strategy;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, transparency and accountability in all work product;
- Keen attention to detail, flexibility and an enthusiastic work ethic;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of MS Office products
Commensurate with experience. Budgeted annual salary for the position is $83,981.
For City employees, go to Employee Self Service (ESS), click on Recruiting Activities > Careers, and search for Job ID #466570
For all other applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs/search and search for Job ID #466570
New York City Residency Is Required Within 90 Days of Appointment.
The City of New York and the Office of the Mayor are Equal Opportunity Employers.
For current job opportunities in the NYC Mayor’s Office visit: Office of the Mayor Jobs
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources at HR@cityhall.nyc.gov.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
More search results
Dean, College of Professional Studies
Assistant Professor – Forensic Genomics
University of Toronto Mississauga
Dean of the College of the Arts and Media
Central Michigan University
Assistant Professor - Department of Statistics - …
University of California - Irvine
Assistant Chief Engineer
The College of New Jersey