Administrative Coordinator, Wharton Fund Wharton External Affairs
Administrative Coordinator, Wharton Fund Wharton External Affairs
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Administrative Coordinator, Wharton Fund - Wharton External Affairs
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Wharton External Affairs engages alumni and friends in meaningful, lifelong relationships with the School, sustaining and strengthening a culture of giving that creates positive impact among students and communities worldwide. Four External Affairs teams - Operations; Development; Alumni Relations; and Communications and Donor Relations - work collaboratively across the School and the University to secure philanthropic commitments that empower teaching and learning, research, and dynamic programs that comprise a leading global business education. Wharton celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging among its esteemed students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
The Wharton Fund is looking for an administrative coordinator. The Administrative Coordinator position reports to the Director of the Wharton Fund in External Affairs. This is an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team that raises unrestricted dollars for the school. Aide in all aspects of the Wharton Fund including donor relations, Reunion Weekend and the corresponding campaigns, Class Gift, and marketing and communications. A key function is to organize and produce weekly acknowledgements for Wharton Fund gifts. Also serve as the main contact for donor relations for the The Wharton Fund, answering the general line and email inquiries. Additionally, aide in maintaining and updating the Wharton Fund calendar as well as assist Wharton Fund staff on their travel expenses and trip planning. Keeps inventory of stationary, gifts for donors, printed materials and conference materials, and buys accordingly. Works closely with the Marketing team to compile, summarize and generate reports to aide team. Must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team. Supervision of work study students for the Wharton Fund.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Manages entire gift acknowledgement process for the Wharton Annual Fund. Making sure that Wharton Fund donors are thanked and recorded correctly in the system
- Serve as Wharton Fund Donor Relations contact, answering the general phone and email line. Will frequently speak and email with donors; good phone etiquette, strong communication and a friendly disposition needed. Distribute incoming emails and comments from alumni and donors to appropriate channels in a timely banner. Oversee and the lead the data delivery between UPenn and RuffaloCODY.
- Independently manage and delegate work to student employees assigning weekly tasks: pledge reminder processing, ATLAS updates and quality control; etc.
- Assist the frontline team in their travel arrangements and expenses through Concur
- Assist as a proofreader for direct marketing solicitations and stewardship correspondence.
- Update biographical records on ATLAS on a regular and timely basis
- Compile, summarize data for, and generate reports reflecting related activity of alumni and The Wharton Fund
- Generate online reports routinely and on an as needed basis. Prepare and distribute management reports
- Reply to alumni/volunteer inquiries based on guidance and information provided by University or Development and Alumni Relations. (DAR)
- Communicate and coordinate between all DAR offices (Reports, Records, Alumni Relations) and other University offices i.e. Gifts Administration and Accounting
- Prepare adhoc and parameter reports for population segmentations
- Ability to generate mail merges and archive files in an organized fashion
- General office correspondence
- Handle gift transmittals and credit card processing when necessary
- Schedule and coordinate appointments and conferences; make travel arrangements
- Occasional weekend and evening hours are required
- Assist with 5th floor front desk coverage
- Assist in Wharton Fund Outlook calendar
- High School diploma or equivalent required and 5-7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. An Associate's Degree or two year college equivalent is strongly preferred and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; detail oriented
- Computer aptitude with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with experience in Excel or Qlikview a plus, and other database systems
- Ability to make sound judgments and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and presentations simultaneously under tight deadlines required
- Must have the ability to work as a team player and help provide support during events and/or activities when necessary
- Must be able to work remotely when necessary
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower/Administrative-Coordinator--Wharton-Fund---Wharton-External-Affairs_JR00039456
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Graduate Academic Administrator
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resea…
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology
Chair of the Department of Mechanical Engineering…
Michigan Technological University