Manager of Academic Accommodations
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Manager of Academic Accommodations
Job Profile Title
Associate Director C
Job Description Summary
The Manager of Academic Accommodations is responsible for coordinating and supervising the implementation of examinations and in-class accommodations for Penn undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with disabilities. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, approved accommodations must be implemented in a timely, confidential manner to effectively level the playing field for students with disabilities. The Manager works collaboratively with the Student Disability Services (SDS) staff by participating in staff meetings and collaborative interviews, as needed. The incumbent trains and supervises two Accommodation Specialists, the Associate Director of Assistive Technology, and student/temporary workers responsible for handling assigned tasks, such as test proctoring, note-taking and assorted clerical tasks. The Manager utilizes Accommodate, the database/case management software, to oversee the exam reservation and note-taking processes; coordinates arrangements for interpreting/CART services; and, works collaboratively with the University Life Technology Services. The Manager is part of the Weingarten Center leadership team.
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of legally mandated accommodations and auxiliary services (e.g., tests, notes, CART and/or interpreting services assistive technology) for Penn students with disabilities as required under the ADA, Section 504, and University policy. Support for exam accommodations may include early morning or evening hours during the fall and spring semesters.
- Hire, train, and supervise 3 full-time Student Disability Services (SDS) staff members and over 200 resource assistants (student/temporary workers) responsible for proctoring exams, note taking, and assorted clerical tasks.
- Utilize Accommodate software to produce examination schedules and create reports. Work collaboratively with Information Systems and Computing and University Life Technology services to ensure technology for administration of exams.
- Coordinate with the SDS staff the integration of policies with the delivery of legally mandated services and ensure the confidentiality of highly sensitive information. Develop and implement office policies and procedures in collaboration with the Weingarten Center staff.
- Supervise the preparation of correspondence to varied audiences, including faculty, staff, and students. Develop and maintain accurate, detailed administrative and student files. Review timesheets for direct reports through WorkDay.
- Manage critical situations concerning the implementation and delivery of services and communications with students, faculty, and other administrators.
- Participate in Student Disability Services, Weingarten Center, and University Life meetings and activities. Function as a resource on disability inclusion and accessibility to faculty, staff, families, and the university community.
- Continue to learn about evolving and changing legal requirements and best practices in accessibility and disability inclusion in higher education.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in Higher Education or Student Affairs, or related field, plus five - seven years of experience working with individuals with disabilities in an educational setting, or other related post-secondary educational experience. Knowledge in the areas of postsecondary disability accommodations and auxiliary services; experience in providing disability services to college students; knowledge of the learning context of highly selective postsecondary institutions strongly preferred. Priory supervisory experience required. Excellent organization, written, verbal and electronic communication skills; cultural competency and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Stouffer-Commons/Manager-of-Academic-Accommodations_JR00039473
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Graduate Academic Administrator
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resea…
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology
Chair of the Department of Mechanical Engineering…
Michigan Technological University