Teaching Assistant Professor (Instructor), Creative Technology & Design
The growing Creative Technology and Design (CTD) Program situated within the ATLAS Institute at the University of Colorado at Boulder seeks a Teaching Assistant Professor (Instructor) whose teaching, creative work and research demonstrates a deep understanding of design, computing, and emerging technologies. This full-time, non-tenure track Instructor position begins January 2022.
Who We Are
ATLAS is an interdisciplinary institute for radical creativity and invention. We inspire research, experimentation and critical thinking that turns ingenious ideas into reality. Our synthesis of design and technology amplifies innovation in engineering and the arts. We promote rigorous, curiosity-driven investigation in a thriving academic community that is supportive, energetic and playful. A changemaker at the University of Colorado Boulder, ATLAS is proud to offer a full portfolio of interdisciplinary academic programs in Creative Technology and Design through the College of Engineering and Applied Science. Learn more at atlas.colorado.edu.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The position involves teaching three ATLAS courses per semester on the CU-Boulder campus. Teaching responsibilities will include a mix of large undergraduate lectures, project-based studios, cross-listed grad/undergrad elective courses, and graduate seminars. Successful candidates will engage students and faculty from diverse disciplines and actively participate in curriculum development and other programmatic initiatives that encourage curiosity, creativity, and community within the ATLAS Institute.
Candidates MUST have expertise in two or more of the following focus areas: creative coding, advanced computation (data structures), programming methodologies, full-stack web development, mobile app development, user interface and experience design / HCI, mixed reality (AR/VR), computer graphics and animation, computer aided design (CAD), industrial design, digital fabrication, and/or design methodologies.
What We Require
Candidates must have a terminal degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience. They should also have professional experience teaching at the University level.
What You Will Need
- A strong commitment to interdisciplinary teaching and learning.
- Proven success teaching at the university level.
- Active engagement in fields related to Creative Technology & Design.
- An interest in improving undergraduate and graduate engineering education.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
- Evidence of diversity and inclusion skills in your research/creative/professional, teaching, and service activities.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Experience teaching both large (100+ students) and small classes.
- Experience teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Special Application Instructions
The following materials/information must be submitted online:
- Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Cover Letter that specifically addresses your interests and career path.
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy and Experience uploaded in PDF format.
- Statement of Diversity & Inclusion uploaded in PDF format.
- Portfolio URL/Link or anywhere your work is shared online.
You will need to enter contact information for three (3) references during the application process. We will request letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses. Reference Letters should come from advisors, mentors or colleagues who can speak to your professional performance and nature.
Statements of Diversity & Inclusion should explain your experience with and commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion with details about how you incorporate this in your teaching and professional work.
For full consideration, please submit all application materials by September 26, 2021. The position is open until filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
More search results
Dean, College of Professional Studies
Assistant Professor – Forensic Genomics
University of Toronto Mississauga
Dean of the College of the Arts and Media
Central Michigan University
Assistant Professor - Department of Statistics - …
University of California - Irvine
Assistant Chief Engineer
The College of New Jersey