The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
The part time lifeguard will be responsible for enforcing pool rules, completing daily logs, providing guest service, and providing emergency care when needed. In addition, the part-time Lifeguard will be assigned operational tasks for Sheerr Pool as needed.
Rule Enforcement- 35%
- Knowing and enforcing the pool rules consistently
- Aggressively scanning the pool using the 10/20 guideline (10 seconds to spot, 20 seconds to respond).
Facility Operations- 35%
- Completing daily checks and checklists as required
- Working special events as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Pool opening/closing duties
Safety - 20%
- Performing appropriate rescues and providing care appropriate to the situation
- Enforcing social distancing/other Covid related guidelines
- Meeting evaluation expectations and safety audits (including orientation quizzes and other follow-ups)
- Attending staff meetings and trainings as required
- Assisting with Penn OpenPass verification
- Verifying member reservations
- Maintaining a courteous and polite demeanor
All Lifeguard candidates must hold a current American Lifeguard Certification and maintain a safe, and welcoming aquatic environment at Sheerr Pool at the University of Pennsylvania. Proof of valid certification will be required prior to hiring.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate Athletics
$7.25 - $230.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Gimbel-Gymnasium/Lifeguard--Staff-_JR00039257
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Chief Financial Officer, Vice President for Finan…
Golden Gate University
Tenure-Track Faculty Position - Department of Mat…
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Dean, Sellinger School of Business and Management
Loyola University Maryland
Michigan Technological University
Associate Director for Business Services
Southern Oregon University