IT Senior Project Leader - Wharton Executive Education
IT Senior Project Leader - Wharton Executive Education
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
IT Senior Project Leader - Wharton Executive Education
Job Profile Title
Information Technology Senior Project Leader
Job Description Summary
This position requires the individual to lead the IT Support Team to sustain Wharton Executive Education's business needs: hospitality services, client support, program delivery, and cloud services that power Executive Education's systems. To achieve this objective, significant consideration hinges on the ability to lead the team and ensuring the team's overall productivity to meet said needs, primarily through project management, vendor management, A/V technologies' vision, design, and implementation, and cloud solutions engineering.
Strong leadership skills are required to guide the team to deliver both virtual and face to face programs. Project Management experience with a background in IT Service Management framework, like ITIL is required. The project lead will design and manage others to maintain AV and classroom technology in a stable and sustainable manner, aligned with the Wharton School's Crestron-based environments. The project lead will need to collaborate well with existing partners and continue to foster positive relationships with peer groups, such as Wharton Computing Public Technology, to maintain technology parity to achieve synergistic goals across the Wharton landscape. Towards vendor management, the project leader will collaborate with groups such as Learning Labs, Wharton Interactive, and other third-party consultants to direct vendors to carry out initiatives, while keeping them accountable for providing IT the services necessary to meet our customers' needs. Strong negotiation and project management skills are critical to the success of this role.
With respect to other administrative duties, project management, both with external consultants as well as internal team members, will be a core responsibility. Project Management Frameworks, such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, etc. is highly desired. The project lead will work frequently to maintain project success extending past fiscal quarters, while within contractual budgetary scope.
Priority will also need to be given towards systems components, namely cloud infrastructure - AWS. The project lead will also need to take on the responsibilities of a cloud solutions engineer to ensure that services that powers the Executive Education environment is scaled properly and securely, in addition to being fiscally sound. Certifications in AWS, Azure, etc. are a plus.
Success can be gauged with data-driven results, metrics, Service Level Agreement targets, etc. - all prioritizing real-time feedback to provide the highest level of quality for providing operational excellency. This team lead will need to identify and implement workflows where metrics and tools can be employed to help solicit feedback from customers, clients, and partners to continually improve our service.
Another key facet is focusing on the team's individual and collective development. This project leader is expected to invest in the team's personal and professional careers, including mentorship and advocating for ongoing development, training opportunities, and exposure to new projects and skills, as potential evolving projects change in this post-covid landscape. Annual attendance at key conferences, expos, etc. for AV, Cloud Technologies, and Project Management are expected.
In fulfilling each of the above-mentioned roles, the senior IT Project Lead, under the leadership of Wharton Executive Education's IT Senior Director, will carry out the division's strategic goals and initiatives to enact the school's core values and mission, with a keen eye towards customer satisfaction, client collaboration, and team morale and productive output.
- Lead the team and ensure the team's overall productivity to meet Wharton Executive Education busines needs for virtual and face to face programs, client support, and overall team productivity.
- Liaise with partner groups and manage external consultants to achieve customer needs on projects that span fiscal quarters with budgetary costs. Negotiate customer requirement, client expectations, and vendor deliverables for operational success.
- Maintain, enhance, and design scaled cloud infrastructure solution that support the ongoing business needs and production services in AWS and other technologies.
- Supply data-driven results, metrics, and feedback to continually improve service to meet the business' targets and goals. Provide forward-facing guidance for new technology and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred; 5 - 7 years experience in a management position within an IT organization.; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated knowledge of database management systems, applications development, instructional technology, and process re-engineering. Strong strategic project management skills required; demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries and communicate effectively to advance the role of IT in promoting an organizational mission. Ability to manage complex budget. Experience in working in higher education preferred.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$72,837.00 - $205,981.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/SCC-Aresty-InstExec-Ed/IT-Senior-Project-Leader---Wharton-Executive-Education_JR00036520
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Chief Financial Officer, Vice President for Finan…
Golden Gate University
Tenure-Track Faculty Position - Department of Mat…
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Dean, Sellinger School of Business and Management
Loyola University Maryland
Michigan Technological University
Associate Director for Business Services
Southern Oregon University