Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The Age Lab at the MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics (CTL) seeks a postdoctoral associate to support a broad range of naturalistic driving research efforts.
This position offers an opportunity to work with cutting edge naturalistic driving data and to enhance societal understanding of driver safety in areas encompassing driver attention (distraction), advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and other higher-level forms of automated driving.
- Collaborate with senior researchers to explore novel data sets and design and develop new data extraction approaches from telemetry data and video
- Lead and contribute to the development of joint publications, participate in conferences, and share results with laboratory partners and industry sponsors
- Collaborate with the research team on defining research priorities
- Design, build, and perform analytical experiments on naturalistic driving data
- Report on results with an emphasis on developing the foundations of research needed to influence the design and development of vehicle safety systems
- Ph.D. in industrial engineering, psychology, human factors, computer science, public health, or a demonstrably relevant field (candidates with backgrounds and experience in experimental psychology, data sciences, machine learning, deep learning, or similar areas of expertise are also encouraged to apply)
- Ability to demonstrate a record of individual initiative and originality in research
- Strong analytic skills
- Familiarity with statistical software tools such as R, SAS, or MATLAB
This is a one year appointment, renewable depending upon performance and funding.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. MIT’s full policy on nondiscrimination can be found here.
More search results
Dean, College of Professional Studies
Assistant Professor – Forensic Genomics
University of Toronto Mississauga
Dean of the College of the Arts and Media
Central Michigan University
Assistant Professor - Department of Statistics - …
University of California - Irvine
Assistant Chief Engineer
The College of New Jersey