The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Managing Director of Development and Alumni Relations Marketing and Communications (DARMAX) and plays a vital role at the heart of the department of 10+ staff. A key function of this position is to provide support to the Managing Director, including proactively managing their schedule and maintaining their calendar, and keeping abreast of the department's projects and production timelines to support workflow. The Communications Coordinator should have an interest in marketing and communications functions and a willingness and ability to learn how to use various technologies to support those functions, including software programs to manage editorial calendars and production schedules, to send and track mass email campaigns, and catalogue images. The Coordinator works closely with the Assistant Director, Campaign Operations and Marketing, to help prepare email and mailing lists for publications, send marketing emails for events, and record event attendance data. This position is responsible for processing financial transactions, including vendor contracts and purchase orders for the department through the University's vendor payment system.
The Communications Coordinator interacts with a wide range of individuals and groups across the University as well external vendor contacts. Communicating clearly, and building and maintaining effective, positive relationships with staff and executives at every level is essential. This role also requires independent thinking, problem solving skills, and a keen sense of organization and attention to detail in project and process management. This position in the University's central Development and Alumni Relations office provides a strong platform from which to gain wide-ranging exposure to the processes, operations, priorities, and accomplishments of the University of Pennsylvania, providing the right candidate with the opportunity to gain broad experience in a fulfilling role. While previous experience working in higher education or a similarly complex non-profit environment is beneficial, we welcome applicants with relevant transferable skills and an aptitude to learn through coaching. The DARMAX team offers a highly supportive environment with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Managing Director's calendar and proactively assist with managing their schedule and supporting project needs as required on a daily basis.
- Support project management and production workflow, entering information and developing reports using our project management software, Asana.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director, Campaign Operations and Marketing, to help prepare email and mailing lists for publications and marketing emails for events, and to record event attendance data in the Salesforce database. Develop proficiency in email marketing system, Marketing Cloud, in order to assist as needed with email sends.
- Support for various communications projects as needed, including but not limited to assisting with cataloguing images and video files using our cataloguing software (Widen), arranging transcription of digital files, coordinating internal distribution of publications, and assisting with reviewing materials.
- Actively maintain a comprehensive departmental Manual, including org charts, contact lists, project summaries, policies, and process documents
- Schedule and set up departmental meetings, including developing and disseminating agendas, managing catering arrangements, assisting with virtual meeting technology, and AV set-up as necessary.
- Process vendor contracts, purchase order requisitions, invoices, and expense reimbursements for DARMAX staff on request.
- Other administrative tasks including but not limited to: organizing and maintaining the department's electronic and physical filing and archive systems, coordinating onboarding process for new hires, arranging access and greeting visitors, and ordering supplies and equipment.
- High school diploma plus 5-7 years' experience in administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; BS desired.
- Experience supporting a senior executive and multiple team members in an administrative capacity strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to function well in a deadline driven environment.
- Candidate should demonstrate initiative and be highly detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of comfort interacting with a wide range of individuals, including colleagues, senior leadership, external vendors.
- High comfort level and demonstrated proficiency with using/learning to use an array of technologies.
Please provide a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this role. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Development and Alumni Relations
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower-Development/Communications-Coordinator_JR00038485
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in Industr…
Iowa State University
Graduate Academic Administrator
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resea…
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology