Assistant Dean, Student Affairs and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Assistant Dean, Student Affairs and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (PRN27282B)
The Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion provides oversight of student organizations and programming utilizing professional advising and guidance skills, interprets and explains university academic policy and procedure, and implements leadership programming to increase student engagement and success, leading to graduation and increasing professional competency. The Assistant Dean will work closely with the senior administrative team of the College of Law to develop relevant policies. The Assistant Dean will oversee student-focused mental health/wellness and diversity, equity, and inclusion programs at the College of Law. The Assistant Dean will represent the College of Law on committees within the College of Law and the external community, including the larger campus and legal community. The Assistant Dean will work closely in a collaborative environment with other senior administrative leaders.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN27282B -00096 - College of Law - Dean
1. Responsible for the development and oversight of student leadership activities and a comprehensive student leadership development program.
2. Supervises and provide leadership for student organizations.
3. Meets with students to provide information and guidance on academic-related matters, such as graduation requirements and exceptions, course planning and registration, transfer credit evaluation/substitution.
4. Provides support to students as they prepare for the bar examination, including completing forms for bar associations.
5. Effectively collaborates with departments in the College of Law including the Registrar, Career Development Office, Clinical Office, the Pro Bono Initiative, as well as other internal and external constituents.
6. Serves on College of Law committees and makes recommendations that affect curriculum requirements, advising processes and program development and published materials.
7. Collects, analyzes, and reviews data in developing progress reports and evaluations for making data-guided decisions and recommendations regarding the various student engagement programs and services.
8. Assists the College of Law senior administrative team in planning and executing other co-curricular programs.
9. Assists with student fellowship award processes, including applications, hiring, time logs, and orientation.
10. Develops positive working relationships with studen
ts, staff, faculty, University departments, and members of the legal community who serve as adjunct faculty.
11. Serves on College of Law committees as needed. Also will serve on University committees and relevant committees within the larger legal community.
12. Supervises student affairs staff, Registrar, and an embedded counselor.
The University of Utah is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator. Minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans preference. Reasonable accommodations provided. For additional information:http://www.regulations.utah.edu/humanResources/5-106.html.
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds, and possess a [strong or demonstrated] commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
J.D. and Master’s degree in related area. Years of higher education employment experience in advising, registration, admissions, financial aid, student services, enrollment services, or equivalent experience.
Having a broad understanding of higher educational theories (e.g., student development, access and retention, enrollment management, student advising). Law school experience preferred. Must exemplify strong leadership characteristics with the ability to communicate the vision of Student Affairs.
Experience in word processing, spreadsheets, internet, Google Docs, and a strong understanding of student databases, student information systems and PeopleSoft.
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/121072
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Dean of the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
Arizona State University
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, BLACK RESOURCE CENTER
UC San Diego
Linn-Benton Community College
Director of the School of Natural Resources and t…
University of Arizona
Director, Residential Living and Learning
California State University, Dominguez Hills