Center for Professional Development and Career Strategies Georgia State University College of Law
The Center for Professional Development and Career Strategies at Georgia State University College of Law currently seeks qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Director. Reporting to the center’s director, the assistant director will provide career and professional development services for students and alumni in support the missions of the center and college. The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides career and professional development advisement for all non-JD students. Helps advise JD students on routine matters related to interview protocol and application documents.
- Develops and implements new programming for non-JD students. Works with program director(s) of non-JD programs to identify student needs for professional development. Serves as project manager for events. Develops content for and creates weekly student electronic publication. Develops content for digital signage and printed collateral. Works closely with the College of Law Communications Department regarding events.
- Develops and maintains website content, including student resources available on the college’s intranet and outward-facing website. Manages the department's primary email account.
- Facilitates communication between the Center and the external legal community of elected officials, judges, attorneys, alumni, bar associations, students and other constituent groups. Serves as a liaison to university colleges, departments, and units.
- Manages the Symplicity Career Management System, supervises job postings, creates sessions and schedules for on-campus interviews, manages scheduling for job fairs, and conducts Symplicity Career Management System training seminars as needed. Answers student and employer questions related to Symplicity and troubleshoots issues.
- Learns and tests new technology software and web-based applications and components for unit and coordinates with internal information technology unit and external IT partners to develop product purchase recommendation(s) as needed.
- Develops and implements iCollege course content for Professional Development class, including course syllabus, recordings, handouts, quizzes, and assignments
- Exercises autonomy to create data reports for analysis; facilitates collection of summer and year-round post-graduation employment statistics and other data to report to American Association of Law Schools, American Bar Association, U.S. News and World Report, National Association of Legal Career Professionals, National Jurist, American Lawyer, Princeton Review and others. Tracks data and provides metrics for student engagement, including attendance at programs and one-on-one engagement with CPD staff.
The position will require some evening work to accommodate students in the part-time evening program and occasional weekends. Application review for this position will begin immediately and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Part of one of the Southeast’s largest comprehensive research universities, Georgia State Law is a dynamic urban-centered law school located in the heart of Atlanta with approximately 650 full- and part-time students. The College of Law brings together a dynamic group of faculty and staff who promote scholarship and service that enriches the legal profession and communities we serve. Our community fosters a culture based on ambition, hard work, dedication and perseverance. We encourage applications from candidates who would diversify our organization.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three years of supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
$45,000 - $50,000
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
Juris Doctor or advanced degree preferred. Experience in career planning and advisement for law students. Business or legal industry knowledge and training is required.
In addition to a completed application, a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references are required.
Application Submission: https://gsu.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=21000790&lang=en
Georgia State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
More search results
Dean, College of Professional Studies
Assistant Professor – Forensic Genomics
University of Toronto Mississauga
Dean of the College of the Arts and Media
Central Michigan University
Assistant Professor - Department of Statistics - …
University of California - Irvine
Assistant Chief Engineer
The College of New Jersey