Administrative Coordinator, Center for Computational Astrophysics (CCA)
- Simons Foundation
- New York, NY 10001 US
Established in 2016, the mission at the Flatiron Institute's Center for Computational Astrophysics (CCA) is to create new computational methods, simulation tools and theoretical frameworks for study and modeling of complex, multi-scale physics in astrophysical systems, and to analyze big astronomical datasets, ranging in scales from planets to the entire Universe.
Reporting to the Manager for Center Administration, CCA seeks a full-time Coordinator who will be responsible for assisting with the administrative and financial operations of the center. Working collaboratively with CCA's administrative team, this individual will coordinate the activities of a vigorous research program,including planning visitor itineraries, arranging guest travel, processing reimbursements and managing event logistics for frequent seminars and workshops. In addition, the coordinator will be responsible for managing the Center Director's calendar as well as booking their travel. The coordinator will be an integral part of the center's administrative processes.
- Set up and coordinate meetings for the Center Director, providing relevant materials and/or meeting information as needed.
- Filing, creating and responding to routine correspondence and preparing expense reports via Concur for internal staff as well as external constituencies (consultants, visitors, etc.).
- Proactively coordinate CCA's activities within and outside of the Simons Foundation/Flatiron Institute; make travel and conference arrangements.
- Collaborate with the events team on coordinating internal CCA events as needed.
- Assist with meetings and workshops including polling for availability, collecting meeting materials, coordinating internal calendars and maintaining the center's contact lists.
- Foster and build good working relationships, both internally and externally. The Coordinator must be able to work well with a variety of people and serve as a representative of CCA.
- Serve as liaison or main point of contact between staff and center visitors and guests, coordinating meetings and special events.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least 2-4 years of experience in high-level administrative support
- At least 2-4 years of experience coordinating travel, handling complex calendars for various high-level personnel, scheduling and hosting events, and handling confidential information is necessary.
- Previous work in research or academic setting is a plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Demonstration of consistent accuracy, careful attention to detail and the ability to organize many complex assignments and activities simultaneously is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet and database software in a Mac OS X environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Resourcefulness and good judgment
- Willingness to take responsibility and the capacity to function well with minimal oversight
- Ability to interact with a diverse population and exhibit a can-do spirit to help maintain CCA's team culture.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
More search results
Assistant/Associate Professor, Professional Psych…
Wright State University
Tenure Track/Tenured Assistant, Associate & Profe…
Florida International University
Assistant Professor – Movement
Virginia Commonwealth University
Summer Research Assistant/Associate, Center for C…
Assistant Professor – Fashion Merchandising
Virginia Commonwealth University School