IT Disaster Recovery Lead
- Yale University
- New Haven, CT
IT Disaster Recovery Lead- 67290BR
Yale University, conveniently located between Boston and New York, offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Located in the heart of historic downtown New Haven with more than 100 local boutiques, national retailers, cafés, casual eateries, award-winning restaurants, and world-renowned theaters, galleries, and museums.
General Purpose: The IT Disaster Recovery Lead reports within IT Foundational Technology Services that is responsible for the University infrastructure, which includes networking, facilities, systems administration and other infrastructure services. The IT Disaster Recovery Lead will provide leadership in coordinating, assessing, developing, and communicating technical recovery environment requirements and contingency plans associated with the Technology Infrastructure, Operational and distributed Applications functions.
In partnership with IT, Information Security, and applications owners this position helps to coordinate the readiness of the technology infrastructure so in the event of disaster the business functions can be resumed within a defined time frame. Priority focus for the position will be in the infrastructure area. The incumbent will work to establish disaster recovery plans for ITS infrastructure, conduct tabletop (or live) tests to evaluate resiliency readiness. Review unnecessary dependencies within the infrastructure between on-prem and cloud IaaS environments. Once Infrastructure resiliency plans are documented and tested, this position will then focus on how the DR Service will expand beyond infrastructure to cover applications areas.
Technology environment consists of traditional on-prem datacenters and cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Hyper-V, GCP, VMware & others).
The incumbent will provide the following:
- Proactive (hands-on) leader responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating testing of the organization’s disaster recovery strategies.
- Support and maintain a comprehensive IT Disaster Recovery program with a core focus on Technology Infrastructure
- Complete Business Impact Analysis (BIA) exercises to ensure all plans are kept in line with changing business requirements. Establish the recovery order for and coordinates recovery of IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Responsible for completion of IT DR recovery procedures; work with technical teams to populate IT DR recovery procedures/strategies.
- Responsible for managing the IT DR calendar incorporating the activities designed to monitor the effectiveness of the IT DR framework.
- Identifying the dependency services and ensuring that those services are supporting the primary business needs in case of DR
- Conduct Yale’s IT DR awareness sessions. Identify and make recommendations for improvement to existing processes and procedures.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field and a minimum of four years of related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience planning and executing Disaster Recovery operations for a medium to large distributed enterprise.
- Proven experience in developing Business Impact Analysis (BIA), identifying gaps & potential impacts of events to prepare Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) that meet business needs and contractual obligations.
- Ability to establish and maintain an organizational disaster recovery awareness program and serve as a subject matter expert.
- Proven ability to lead teams in planning, organizing, and coordinating DR exercises and tests.
- Proven experience and knowledge of DR strategies across various traditional on-prem datacenters and cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Hyper-V, GCP, VMware & others).
- Preferred Education and Experience: Project management experience; experience in higher education preferred. Disaster Recovery certifications are a plus such as ABCP, CBCP, MBCP, CBCBP, or similar.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/67290BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale Univetsity considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
More search results
Graduate Academic Administrator
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resea…
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia Institute of Technology
Chair of the Department of Mechanical Engineering…
Michigan Technological University