Faculty Position Announcement-Tenure Track
Faculty Hire Number: 22-03
Rank: Assistant Professor
CSUN’s Commitment to You:
Effective Date of Appointment: August 24, 2022 (Subject to Budgetary Approval)
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications
CSUN is committed to achieving excellence through teaching, scholarship, learning and inclusion. As an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), CSUN welcomes candidates whose experience in teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence. Our values include a respect for all people, building partnerships with the community and the encouragement of innovation, experimentation and creativity. CSUN strives to cultivate a community in which a diverse population can learn and work in an atmosphere of civility and respect. CSUN is especially interested in candidates who make contributions to equity and inclusion in the pursuit of excellence for all members of the university community.
For more information about the University, visit our website at: http://www.csun.edu
About the College:
For more information about the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics, see:
About the Department:
For more information about the Department of Accounting, see https://www.csun.edu/acctis
Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to a diverse student population as well as an ability to teach, mentor, and work with diverse students.
Successful candidate must have the following credentials:
- Education: Doctoral degree from an AACSB-accredited institution in accounting or a related business discipline or a JD plus LLM (Tax) from an ABA accredited institution;
- Publications: Successful candidate must meet and maintain the criterion for “Scholarly Academic” under the AACSB’s accreditation requirement and have a demonstrated recent engagement activities involving substantive scholarly activities in their field of accounting (typically defined as three peer reviewed articles published plus other research activities in the last five years). Applicants are automatically deemed "Scholarly Academic" if they have graduated with their terminal degree in the last five years. For more information, please visit: https://www.aacsb.edu/-/media/aacsb/docs/accreditation/business/standards-andtables/2020%20business%20accreditation%20standards.ashx?la=en&hash=E4B7D8348A6860 B3AA9804567F02C68960281DA2
- At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to work in the United States.
The following credentials are preferred:
- Professional Credentials: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Technological Proficiency: Demonstrated mastery of advanced features in Excel in the practice of accounting, as well as experience working with data analytics.
- Work Experience: Accounting professional work experience that is substantial in terms of duration and level of responsibility.
- Teaching Experience in accounting.
- Commitment to diversity: Candidates must demonstrate commitment and ability to work with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
Preference will be given to those candidates with an expertise and/or experiences in Audit or Tax. However, all accounting areas, including individuals with expertise in Financial and/or Managerial Accounting are encouraged to apply.
Teach courses in the undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses in accounting, employ a variety of effective pedagogies in class including web-enhanced and hybrid instruction. Consult and work with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds. Engage in an ongoing program of scholarship that demonstrates intellectual and professional growth. Maintain high-quality publications. Assume an active role in the planning and governance of the institution. Promote service to the community and participate in professional associations.
The successful candidate will be held to the standards and requirements of the college and department in which he/she is housed for recommending tenure and promotion.
Screening of applications will begin September 2nd, 2021 on a rolling basis. However, the position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and three current letters of recommendation to the CSUN application website address below. In later phases of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide verification of terminal degrees, licenses and certificates.
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line here. Print copies are available by request from the Department of Police Services, the Office for Faculty Affairs, and the Office of Equity and Diversity.
The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Accounting department at (818) 677-2470.
More search results
Dean, College of Professional Studies
Assistant Professor – Forensic Genomics
University of Toronto Mississauga
Dean of the College of the Arts and Media
Central Michigan University
Assistant Professor - Department of Statistics - …
University of California - Irvine
Assistant Chief Engineer
The College of New Jersey