Budget & Office Specialist
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The College of New Jersey’s Center for Global Engagement is seeking a Budget and Office Specialist. This position reports to the Executive Director for Global Engagement.
TCNJ’s Center for Global Engagement (CGE) engages with the TCNJ community and international stakeholders to provide personalized services and transformative global engagement experiences. Toward these ends, CGE develops and manages TCNJs existing portfolio of international institutional and organizational partners that facilitate inbound and outbound student, staff and faculty mobility. CGE provides professional advice and personalized support services to those students, faculty and staff involved in global engagement. CGE staff administer systems and processes that directly support TCNJ global engagement programs and ensures compliance with US federal SEVIS and other government regulations. CGE partners with other offices across campus to mitigate risk and manage crisis for global engagement programs. The Budget and Officer Specialist plays a pivotal role in supporting the CGE mission
- The Budget and Office Manager works with the Executive Director for Global engagement on ensuring the timely flow of all financial documents, payments and reimbursements for global engagement.
- Prepares POs, check requests, journal entries, reallocation forms and procurement card reconciliation for CGE department, study centers and faculty led programs.
- Works with Executive Director to maintain updated records and to ensure timely flow of all CGE financial and contractual information including: board waivers, direct billing agreements, student billing forms, and contracts for faculty led programs.
- Assists with preparation of budgets, monitoring expenditures, initiating reallocations and reconciling accounts.
- As the office specialist, this individual coordinates CGE events, monitors supplies and ensures office coverage.
Knowledge and Skills Qualifications:
- Capacity to use various data management and information systems with significant experience in using Oracle, Excel, Google docs in a higher education context.
- Capacity to be attentive to details both in financial and contractual documents and to tracking such documents through approval processes.
- Experience with budget operations and financial processes in a complex organization and/or in a state regulated operation
- Experience in converting currencies and reviewing international wire transfer information to ensure accuracy.
- Sensitivity in communicating with people from around the world who may be using as a second language and may have different financial systems.
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree
- One year professional experience working as a budget specialist in an institution of higher education and/or other entity directly related to the functions of this position
Experience studying or working in another country and awareness of a language other than English desirable.
Experience with TCNJ financial and contractual operations desirable.
TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in 1855, TCNJ has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive colleges in the nation. TCNJ currently is ranked as one of the 75 "Most Competitive" schools in the nation by Barron's Profiles of American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report. TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the Princeton review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa chapter - an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the foundation for programs offered through TCNJ's seven schools - Arts & Communication; Business; Education; Humanities and Social Sciences; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by train, of New York City and Philadelphia. The College's campus is set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known for its natural beauty and has 39 major buildings, including the fourth-best college library in the nation, according to the Princeton Review.
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit a letter of interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until a viable finalist has been found. Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks.