Data Architect Manager
- Yale University
- New Haven, CT
Yale University's Information Technology organization is hiring for a Data Architect Manager. This position will play a key role in the Enterprise Analytics, Data Management area and will be responsible for implementing the university’s data management strategy in support of enterprise reporting and analytics including management of the data technology stack . This position requires the integration of technical and subject matter expertise to deliver a meaningful and user-friendly analytics platform and data distribution platform. Software tools used in the environment include: Talend, Microsoft SSIS, Oracle, SQL Server, Tableau, and Power BI.
- Leads and manages a matrix team that consists of Data Architects, ETL developers, and platform administrators to deliver data platforms for analytics in accordance with established guidelines for architecture and data governance.
- Provides team building, development guidelines, maturing the architecture, oversight of operations and continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively with multiple user groups across the Yale organization to analyze customer requirements, create requests for proposal responses and project estimates and delivery.
- Identifies tools to implement an enterprise-wide data architecture to support cross domain data integration for reporting, and analytics.
- Provides oversight to data modeling, ETL processes, metadata repositories, data dictionaries, data lineage tracking and data quality score cards.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field and six years of related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven management experience of data architects, data modelers, ETL developers.
- Proven experience as a technical lead/data architect.
- Proven experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modeling. Experience with advanced SQL and stored procedures, SQL code generation, and complex ETL automation with performance-tuning expertise.
- Proven experience leveraging technologies such as Talend, Informatica, DataStage, Microsoft SSIS, Oracle, SQL Server, Tableau, Power BI.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to present to senior management. Ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with the willingness to listen to alternative points of view.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/YaleCareers-66083BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.