- George Mason University
- Fairfax, VA 22030
Director of Diversity, CVPA
The George Mason University, College of Visual and Performing Arts seeks qualified applicants for a Director of Diversity. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
The Director of Diversity will partner with the CVPA community to increase and support diversity, and create an inclusive, equitable, creative, and productive artistic and academic environment throughout the college. This includes, but is not limited to, leading college-wide reviews of practices and results in recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and students, procedures for incident reporting and response, and engagement with the national conversations about anti-racism and diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Director will also serve on a number of university-wide committees that work to advance diversity and inclusion across all schools and administrative units, and promote community engagement.
- Develop, implement, and maintain programs to advance the college’s Inclusive Excellence Plan, including recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and enhancing the college’s DEIA culture. Develop metrics to evaluate success, with an appropriate assessment and continuous improvement process. (50% effort);
- Serve as official representative for CVPA for DEIA activities, both internal and external, including the college’s IEP. Represent CVPA and Mason at conferences, workshops, and other meetings of professional societies, and serve as liaison to professional organizations and the artistic community. Travel as necessary to fulfill this role. (25% effort);
- Organize and/or promote special events, workshops, seminars, and other activities to increase awareness and demonstrate importance of diversity, equity, inclusion, and access among CVPA faculty, staff, students, and other constituents. (25% effort)
- Experience in higher education;
- Knowledge of diversity and inclusion processes, including awareness of Anti-Racist programs and practices in higher education and the arts. Awareness of trauma-informed practice, transformative justice, and Critical Race Theory welcome;
- Experience with development of community outreach programs;
- Interest and experience in working with and advocating for a broadly diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and community members, including people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, indigenous people, historically oppressed communities, international students, undocumented people, and low-income communities;
- Master’s degree and/or significant experience in one of CVPA’s disciplinary areas.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA66Hz at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Dean Washkewicz College of Engineering
Cleveland State University
Dean of the School of Social Work
University of Georgia
HEDCO Clinic Assistant Manager
University of Oregon
Dean, School of Engineering and Computer Science
Dean, St. John's College of Liberal Arts and Scie…
St. John’s University