Director, Office of University Financial Aid
- Yale University
- New Haven, CT
Director, Office of University Financial Aid - 66880BR
Yale University, conveniently located between Boston and New York, offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Located in the heart of historic downtown New Haven with more than 100 local boutiques, national retailers, cafés, casual eateries, award-winning restaurants, and world-renowned theaters, galleries, and museums.
General Purpose: The Director of University Financial Aid provides university-level guidance to University Officers, Deans, and senior financial aid officers in Yale College and the graduate and professional schools on issues related to the strategic development of financial aid policies and programs. Working within Yale’s decentralized academic environment and in close partnership with deans, faculty, and senior staff in offices across the university, the Director will drive discussions about financial aid strategy, policies, programs, and data systems. The Director will lead a team in the Office of University Financial Aid that serves as a primary resource for interpreting and implementing federal, state, and university financial aid regulations, systems support, and compliance and reporting.
The Director of University Financial Aid is responsible for creating a vision, establishing and maintaining policy, and implementing best practices that enhance service to all constituents, uphold the integrity of academic programs, support a diverse and growing academic community, provide equitable and inclusive access to higher education, and further Yale’s mission.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least eight years of senior leadership experience in a college or university financial aid or related office, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and analytical skills. Ability to conceptualize and implement a vision for the Office. An appetite for innovation and demonstrated initiative, self-confidence, creativity, resourcefulness, and willingness to take informed risks.
- An appetite for innovation and demonstrated initiative, self-confidence, creativity, resourcefulness, and willingness to take informed risks.
- Proven leadership skills. An advocate for process improvement who encourages innovation and promotes growth. Strong management and organizational skills. The ability to manage multiple priorities by leading diverse teams across multiple reporting units.
- Proven ability to build relationships and collaborate with high level administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents, and other key internal and external stakeholders in a complex academic environment. Demonstrated commitment to identifying and implementing policies and processes that promote access, equity, and inclusion in higher education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated depth of knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations regarding administering financial aid. Demonstrated commitment to quality in the delivery of services with a strong and responsive audience-centered orientation. Strong commitment to the confidentiality of information.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/YaleCareers-66880BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.