Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance
Nominations and applications are invited for the position of Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance (VCAF) at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. The Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance serves as a senior member of the university's administrative team, reporting directly to the chancellor and serving as a member of the Chancellor's Cabinet. The position is responsible for the overall effective leadership of the following operational units: Budget Office, Accounting Services, Human Resources, Facilities and Energy Management, Campus Service Operations, Bursar, Labor & Employee Relations, Center for Environmental Health & Safety, Property Control, and Procurement Services. The vice chancellor oversees nearly 500 employees throughout the division with a total budget of about $20 million.
About Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Founded in 1869, SIU Carbondale is the flagship campus of the Southern Illinois University System. With more than 11,000 students and more than 3,000 faculty and staff, the Carbondale campus offers a full range of doctoral, master’s, bachelor’s and associate degrees in addition to professional degrees in law and medicine. It is a diverse, student-centered, research-intensive university that has earned national recognition for its teaching, research, service, civic engagement, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. It has an overall budget of about $350 million, not counting the School of Medicine.
Diversity is an integral part of our legacy dating back to its earliest classes. Today, minority students make up 28% percent of our total enrollment. Additionally, international students comprise more than 8% of our student body. SIU Carbondale continues to rank among the nation’s top colleges and universities in the number of degrees awarded to students in ethnic and racial minority groups.
The physical beauty of the region is a major attraction to students, faculty and visitors. Sixty miles to the south of Carbondale is the historic confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers, the two forming the border of the southern tip of Illinois. Just six hours south of Chicago and within easy driving distance of St. Louis, Memphis, Nashville and Indianapolis, SIU Carbondale draws students from the Midwest but also from nearly every U.S. state and nearly 100 nations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, policy and program direction for departments in the VCAF units.
- Serves as the campus chief financial officer, budget director, and head of administrative operations.
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Chancellor with respect to administrative and financial operations.
- Provides relevant, timely financial and operational information to the University’s senior administration to assist in planning and decision-making.
- Provides leadership and financial guidance that ensures the integrity and internal controls of the financial operations.
- Maintains and improves the human, physical and fiscal operations of the University, and provides a comprehensive system of effective management.
- Oversees the development, acceptance, and implementation of new/revised goals and activities of the departments under the vice chancellor.
- Provides administrative oversight of the University long-term facilities plan.
- Provides support for long-range and strategic planning, including analysis of campus resource requirements.
- Provides direction for major renovation and new construction projects.
- Coordinates the preparation of the University's budget, RAMP reports, narrative statements, and appropriation hearing information.
- Directs the implementation of policies and procedures necessary for compliance with applicable Federal and State laws/regulations.
- Serves on University committees and task forces.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume
Contact: Leslie Mills
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone #: 618-453-2341
Security/Safety Sensitive: Security sensitive (subject to pre-employment criminal background investigation)
Deadline to apply: 8/23/21 for fullest consideration
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE SIU CARBONDALE ONLINE HR PORTAL, HIRE TOUCH, BY FOLLOWING THE LINK TO APPLY AT THE FOLLOWING SITE: https://jobs.siu.edu/staff/job-details-staff?jobID=12349&job=vice-chancellor-for-administration-and-finance
SIU Carbondale, member of the SIU System, is an anti-racist community that opposes racism, discrimination and inequity in any form, and embraces diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice for all people.
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed
and encouraged and will receive consideration.
- Master's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, public administration, educational administration, or related field and at least 10 years of progressively responsible financial and administrative experience, with at least 7 years of that experience being in higher education.
- Strong record of personnel supervision including a preference for experience working with employees who are represented under collective bargaining agreements.
- Understanding of financial aspects of facilities maintenance, construction management and/or utility distribution systems.
More search results
Assistant Director of Need Analysis
Iowa State University College of Engineering Facu…
Iowa State University
Assistant or Associate Faculty Position in Strate…
Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Marketing
Analyst, Patient Data & Prospect Development