Assistant Director of Development, Annual Giving
Job Description Summary:
The Division of University Advancement at Miami University is looking for new team members who want to make an impact on the lives and experiences of our students through philanthropy. Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education, there is a significant opportunity to increase support from alumni, friends, and partners. Everyone on our team plays a part in achieving this goal.
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing and implementing strategies to secure increased private support for Miami University through several annual giving initiatives.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
- Create and implement a strategic and comprehensive focus around individual outreach and prospect management to increase annual giving and develop a strong pipeline of consistent donors.
- Solicit alumni and friends nationally and regionally, for annual contributions of $1,000-$50,000 in support of campus priorities.
- Provide a personalized donor experience that results in donor retention, reactivation, pipeline development, and upgraded gifts.
- Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers. Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends, and corporate partners through campus visits and regional events.
- Prepare and present departmental and divisional proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of faculty, staff, administrators and deans. Proposals may involve tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Develop and implement service, cultivation and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects with the support of the Assistant Vice President of Individual and Annual Giving, Office of Development staff and faculty and administrators
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Assistant Vice President of Individual and Annual Giving and the Senior Associate Vice President of University Advancement.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of one year of related work experience (volunteer work may be counted towards this requirement); outstanding oral and written communication skills; commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; and willingness to travel occasionally both on a regional and national level.
Preferred Qualifications: Work experience in a financial, fundraising or sales setting; experience in an educational setting.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
More search results
Assistant Professor, Criminology & Criminal Justi…
Florida Atlantic University
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Electrical …
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Account Manager -525444
Florida International University
Instructor or Lecturer, Florida Interactive Enter…
University of Central Florida (UCF)
Beef Extension and Research Assistant Professor
University of Minnesota - Department of Animal Science