To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Residential Education and Housing is seeking candidates for the Housing Program Assistant role. This position will provide direct administrative support of day-to-day central office operations, provide work flow and office coordination, hire, train, and supervise student office staff, and provide exceptional customer service for students, parents, families, potential students and both internal/external clients and vendors.
This position will also provide administrative support to the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and ancillary support for the Student Services Business Manager, Director of Residential Education, Director of Housing, Director of Student Involvement, Director of Student Transitions, Executive Director of Auxiliary and Contract Services, and the Director of the Brower Student Center.
- Provide excellent and knowledgeable customer service to a wide-variety of internal and external constituents.
- Provide administrative support to the Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Student Services and AVP's direct reports. Examples of such work include but are not limited to: overseeing the management of the Main Housing Office (order supplies, schedule staff, respond to general questions, etc); ensuring proper disposition of documents and maintaining files that are up to date, accurate and organized; conducting price comparisons for the retail dining program and the Catering Guide.
- Knowledge and ability to cover room change and housing operational functions in StarRez during both busy periods and in the absence of other Housing Staff.
- Gather and compile research/data for reports. Make recommendations to AVP and AVP's direct reports in form of executive summaries.
- Learn and utilize budget systems. Provide administrative support to the unit as it applies to fiduciary responsibilities including but not limited to the management of multiple procurement cards verifications, requisitions/purchase orders, invoices, and bill payment.
- Hire, train, schedule, evaluate, and supervise student managers in order to ensure top quality customer service is implemented with every interaction with constituents. Approve and manage student timesheets.
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree.
- At least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position, preferably in a higher education setting
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service and strong team work approach
- Excellent oral, written and other communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and can demonstrate experience or ability to learn basic computer database management
- 1 to 3 years undergraduate and/or graduate experience in Residential Education and Housing
- StarRez experience
TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in 1855, TCNJ has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive colleges in the nation. TCNJ currently is ranked as one of the 75 "Most Competitive" schools in the nation by Barron's Profiles of American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report. TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the Princeton review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa chapter - an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the foundation for programs offered through TCNJ's seven schools - Arts & Communication; Business; Education; Humanities and Social Sciences; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by train, of New York City and Philadelphia. The College's campus is set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known for its natural beauty and has 39 major buildings, including the fourth-best college library in the nation, according to the Princeton Review.
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit a letter of interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until a viable finalist has been found. Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks.