To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The College of New Jersey is currently recruiting for a position within the Institutional Research and Analytics office (IRA). The IRA office is responsible for internal and external reporting, data governance, and business intelligence. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst and Developer to help support our growing analytics efforts. This position will play a vital role in the Institutional Research & Analytics team and will be involved in developing automated reports, data visualizations and accurately providing custom requests to the campus community. Join our team of talented professionals dedicated to helping ensure accuracy, consistency and availability of data and to providing information for all decision makers and college constituents.
• Develop, test and maintain robust, well-designed reports to fulfill data reporting needs of IRA and the campus community.
• Create innovative ways to display data in dashboards and other visualizations.
• Participate in data warehouse architecture activities.
• Participate in data management activities including data quality standards and data stewardship.
• Develop proficiency building reports using Oracle BI Publisher.
• One or more years of related experience working with business intelligence solutions including database/SQL experience.
• Business intelligence report design experience (preferably Tableau, SAP Business Objects, or Oracle BI Publisher).
• Understanding of data warehousing concepts and design.
• Testing and debugging skills • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelors degree (information technology, information systems, computer science, statistics, or related field).
• Higher education experience
• Statistical analysis and data analytics tools experience
• Oracle Peoplesoft experience
TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in 1855, TCNJ has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive colleges in the nation. TCNJ currently is ranked as one of the 75 "Most Competitive" schools in the nation by Barron's Profiles of American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report. TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the Princeton review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa chapter - an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the foundation for programs offered through TCNJ's seven schools - Arts & Communication; Business; Education; Humanities and Social Sciences; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by train, of New York City and Philadelphia. The College's campus is set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known for its natural beauty and has 39 major buildings, including the fourth-best college library in the nation, according to the Princeton Review.
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit a letter of interest, resume (CV), as well as the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until a viable finalist has been found. Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks.