Director of Clinical Training, CSPP (Los Angeles)
- Alliant International University
- Alhambra, CA
Director of Clinical Training, CSPP (Los Angeles)
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The APA-accredited Clinical Psychology PhD and PsyD programs in the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) at Alliant International University-Los Angeles invite applications for the Director of Clinical Training (DCT).
The DCT, under the general direction of the Associate Dean of Training and Administration, will manage overall functioning of the Office of Professional Training (OPT). The DCT will participate in securing, evaluating, and monitoring practicum placements for PsyD and PhD clinical psychology students. The DCT meets frequently with students regarding their training goals and serves as a liaison between students and practicum sites throughout the practicum placements. The DCT works collaboratively with the Internship Training Director and PsyD and PhD Program Directors to ensure students are prepared for the internship application process and that sites meet educational standards of the programs. The successful candidate will be a licensed clinical psychologist and have knowledge of best practices related to doctoral-level clinical training. Excellent initiative, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills are required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly Field Training meetings
- Manage the Office of Professional Training, including conducting individual weekly meetings with Administrative Assistant and Internship Training Director.
- Schedule, create content, and attend Cohort Field Training Meetings for both programs throughout the year.
- Manage student field training clinical emergencies and SERC referrals
- Collaborate with site Training Directors on the creation of behaviorally anchored remediation plans for students that are having problems on practicum/internship
- Oversee APA Internship Application process for both programs
- Oversee APA Phase II and Post-Vacancy Application process for PsyD and PhD Students
- Maintain relationships with APA internship sites
- Oversee the creation of new field training tracking databases
- Update the field training manual, policies, procedures, and forms every year
- Oversee the distribution of internship/practicum evaluations and review of all evaluations to ensure consistency with training standards.
- In instances of student difficulties, work with doctoral programs, students, and sites to create a plan for the student to meet competencies
- Maintain knowledge of best practices related to clinical training
- Meet and assist all Clinical PsyD/PhD students in the practicum application process including annual advisement, review of CVs, cover letters, and provide interviewing skills workshops and role plays
- Conduct assemblies on the practicum process in the Fall and Spring semesters with students from both the Clinical PsyD and PhD Programs
- Conduct annual site visits to student practicum sites and complete written reports of findings. Conducts additional site visits when needed or appropriate
- Meet with students as needed to ascertain practicum progress, assess student needs, and provide ongoing professional advisement
- Develop new practicum/internship sites, as appropriate, to meet the changing needs of the doctoral program(s)
- Serve as liaison between campus, student and agencies.
- Serve as first point of contact between sites and field training department of the University
- Assign grades for practicum
- Ensure sites' compliance with University's field training affiliation guidelines
- Update affiliation guidelines and contracts to assure APA accreditation compliance and meet students' professional needs
- Review student practicum site contracts for accuracy and assure contracts are in compliance with Alliant's practicum affiliation guidelines
- Coordinate with academic advisors and provides updates on student progress in practicum
- Work directly with site training directors to troubleshoot any difficulties with students and make SERC referrals for student if deemed appropriate
- Attend quarterly SCAPTP meetings with Training Directors and other DCTs
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel, and familiar with Campus Nexus Student, or other Student Information System (SIS) platforms.
- Knowledge of graduate education and training in psychology
- Possess a vision and commitment to clinical training
- Be able to establish and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with training sites
- Excellent interpersonal, phone, writing, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a cooperative and service-oriented manner with faculty, staff, and other University administrators. Good supervisory skills of both staff and students.
- Well-developed clinical expertise.
- Program evaluation skills.
- A doctoral degree (PsyD or PhD) in clinical psychology from an APA accredited college or university.
- Completion of an APA-accredited internship
- 2-3 years of professional experience
- Familiarity with psychology at the graduate level
- Experience in facilitating learning;
- Licensure, Certifications, etc: Licensed Clinical Psychologist, or licensed-eligible, in the State of California. Valid Driver's License and proof of automobile insurance
- Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter
- Applicants requested to interview should be prepared to provide three (3) professional references.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: Los Angeles
Postal Code: 91803
Job ID: 155823
To apply, visit https://jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com/Alliant/job/Los-Angeles-Director-of-Clinical-Training%2C-CSPP-%28Los-Angeles%29-CA-91803/688029101/
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency