Assistant or Associate Professor - Mennonite College of Nursing
ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Healthcare is changing.
At Illinois State University’s Mennonite College of Nursing (MCN), we believe that nurses need to lead that change. Our Vision is to be a community that sets the standard for excellence in nursing education and practice, improving health locally and globally, and changing the world one exceptionally well-prepared nurse at a time. We are open, inclusive, and purposeful. And we invite you to join us.
MCN is seeking a 9-month full-time, tenure track position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, depending upon experience and qualifications. Research foci and skills of particular interest include clinical outcomes, use of big data science, diversity and improving the environments in which care is delivered.
- PhD in nursing or related field (Master’s in Nursing required if doctorate not in nursing)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong evidence of research and scholarly productivity, including a track record of or potential for obtaining external research funding.
- Passion for student centered teaching and learning, especially with diverse populations and/or diversifying the curriculum.
- Licensed (prior to start date) Registered Nurse in Illinois
- A successful criminal background screening and negative drug screening (conducted at final candidacy)
- Conduct research in area of interest and pursue external research funding.
- Maintain a record of scholarly publications in peer-reviewed nationally recognized journals.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in mentorship of colleagues and students in this area of research.
- Prepare, teach, and evaluate assigned courses.
- Utilize teaching strategies appropriate for the learning needs of all students.
- Participate in College and University committees
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Salary and Appointment: Salary and initial appointment are commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Along with your application, please submit a letter of application, curriculum vita, and a list of three references with contact information.
To learn more, click on the link below:
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.