Confidential Executive Officer (HEO) - President Office
- Hunter College
- New York City, NY
Job Title: Confidential Executive Officer (HEO) - President Office
Job ID: 22519
Location: Hunter College
The Confidential Executive Officer, reporting directly to the Hunter College President, will play a key role in keeping strategic programs, partnerships, operations, outreach and board related activities on schedule and aligned with the President’s priorities.
The Confidential Executive Officer will oversee projects, ensuring and evaluating their implementation and success; run point on operational issues under tight timelines; as well as, evaluate data, research and prepare program documentation for the President.
Furthermore, the position includes developing, implementing and evaluating methods, policies, procedures and systems to best support to the President; preparation of briefings, presentations, correspondence, speeches, and confidential material under tight timelines; planning and attending key meetings with both internal and external stakeholders.
In addition to the duties in the CUNY Title Overview, responsibilities also include interacting with high- level executives both inside and outside the College, communicating information on behalf of the President, and developing methods to follow up on appropriate items in order to best support to the President.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professionalism while collaborating with varying managerial levels.
- Ability to execute tasks intentionally in a fast-paced environment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
As a senior staff member serving as a confidential assistant in a Campus or University Executive's office, leads unit initiatives, participates in planning and setting priorities, and drives strategic initiatives to ensure their success.
- Participates in planning and in setting policies with responsibility for preparing aspects of strategic and operationalplans
- Participates in developing and executing performance management systems to evaluate progress
- Works with other Campus and University units to oversee complex, high-priority projects, with responsibility foroutcomes
- Represents the Executive in Campus or University-wide activities and may act in his/her place as needed
- Independently carries out major responsibilities under the Executive's purview, such as monitoring and evaluating unit activities, financial planning and review, serving as chair of key committees, and communications with senior Campus or Universitymanagement
- May serve as Chief of Staff of a large ExecutiveOffice
- Performs related duties asassigned.
This position is excluded from union representation.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach
Texas A&M University Kingsville
Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer
The College of New Jersey
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Assistant Professor – Computational Biology (Facu…
University of Toronto, Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research
Dean, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing …
University of Nebraska-Lincoln