Associate Director for Alumni & University Programs
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Amherst, Massachusetts
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Reporting to the Director of Alumni & University Programs, the Associate Director for Alumni & University Programs will plan and execute outreach and engagement strategies across the country specific to alumni and university programs with the goal to increase constituent and donor awareness, participation, and philanthropic investment; expand volunteer advocacy and involvement in supporting key campus priorities; and foster lasting connections between alumni, students, the University, its Schools and Colleges, and the Alumni Association. The Associate Director will collaborate with colleagues representing Advancement, Schools and Colleges, Athletics, University Relations and other campus units to identify strategic objectives and manage associated outreach and programming initiatives. In addition, the Associate Director will cultivate, steward, and mobilize various volunteer networks and travel throughout the country as needed to support alumni and university programming initiatives.
- Plan and execute alumni and university outreach and engagement programming strategies to inform, involve and invest substantial numbers of constituents as university donors, volunteers, and advocates, and to raise the profile of UMass Amherst across the country.
- Collaborate with Advancement, Schools and Colleges, Athletics, University Relations and other campus partners to identify strategic objectives by their respective engagement interests; develop annual program plans and associated budgets in accordance with key priorities; utilize programming opportunities to deliver strategic messaging in support of campus initiatives; monitor assignments and execution of all program logistics, marketing efforts, and donor stewardship opportunities as appropriate.
- Introduce and manage strategies to support campaign efforts and fundraising goals for assigned alumni and university programs, taking advantage of faculty and dignitary travel schedules, athletic activities, school/college initiatives, and donor cultivation opportunities; identify and engage prominent alumni, prospects, key affinity groups and corporate contacts in support of philanthropic initiatives, alumni programming, student internship and coop opportunities, and mentoring activities.
- Serve as Co-Chair of campus-wide Homecoming planning committee (100+ participants); facilitate interdepartmental communications and collaboration; supervise timely execution of campus partner assignments; develop and distribute relevant progress and statistical reports to campus as appropriate.
- Cultivate and mobilize as warranted an active, engaged and diverse base of volunteer support for alumni and university programs through personal contacts and ongoing relationship management; coordinate placement of volunteers in appropriate opportunities; support development and delivery of ongoing volunteer communications, training opportunities, and stewardship activities.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Alumni & University Programs and Senior Director of Alumni & Constituent Programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree, with 3 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience to include event planning, marketing, program development, and/or alumni, donor and volunteer relations initiatives.
- Demonstrated aptitude and ease in fostering relationships with a wide range of constituents and varying levels of authority to achieve institutional goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Evidence of an understanding and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Valid driver’s license with ability and willingness to travel independently and/or work evening and weekend hours as required.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Experience using CRM and project management platforms.
- Experience working within a higher education or non-profit environment.
- Proven experience with budget development and management.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment.
Monday–Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm; nights and weekends as required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please apply online and provide cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Please apply by July 18, 2021 in order to ensure priority consideration. Search may remain open until a suitable candidate pool has been identified.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
More search results
Assistant Provost and Campus Director
University of Georgia Griffin Campus
Vice Chair of Research
UC Davis Health
Associate Director for Access and Diversity
Ohio University - ADMISSIONS
Associate Director, Center for Teaching and Learn…
University of Pennsylvania
Senior Director - Physical/Chemical Characterizat…
University of Pennsylvania